ID:188849

I am purely frustrated right now, I've been trying frantically to setup my website stuff for my game's, but I am at a stop sign right now, because I just spent six (6) hours downloading MYSQL, I'm on a 56k - I go to get something to eat in the last 5 minutes of the download, I come back it's completed, I go to run the file and just my luck - the friggin' thing's corrupted! Does anyone know of a good program that can perhaps fix the corrupted files? I've already tried winrar, but nothing there. Thanks in advance!

- Charles
No, its corrupted because the download ended short and is missing some kb's.

The only way you could fix it is try and download again (From the same server, and same everything) then it might come back, but i doubt it.

The only thig i suggest is download it again from the same area and open another download in an area that sounds better and more reliable.
I think Download Accelerator Plus can download certain files from zip files, if the zip has lots of files on it, you could try downloading the files that are corrupt
In response to Mrhat99au
Unless hes downloading a zip of it, its an exe.
In response to Karasu Kami
better off going to the local computer magazine store and find an issue that has a copy of MySQL on the included CD (many are doing that now-a-days).

or, find a friend with a ISDN/DSL/Cable connection and a CD-Burner!
In response to digitalmouse
I downloaded mysql on 56 k and it didnt take 6 hours it too alot less and it worked.It took me like an 1 and a half.And it worked, i have deleted it ow though because i didnt know how to use it properly and i got frustrated and deleted it.
In response to Lauren
If you kids would just take the time to read the manual pertaining to installing and running MySQl under windows, you would find out it's not sooo hard. Also, having MySQL means very little unless you have a webserver and a scripting language like PHP or Perl, *and* you know how to use them as well...

You cannot expect such things to be completely idiot proof, or to hand-hold you all the way through. It does take some patience, and some reading, and some experimenting to figure these things out. Millions of people before you have done the same and have been successful.

To that end, there are numerouse tutorials on setting things up under windows or linux. Here are a few links to get you started under windows:

http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Apache/ Installing_PHP_under_Windows/
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/PHP/ Installing_PHP_under_Windows%3A_Further_Configuration_of_WAM P/

These two articles help you set up apache, mysql, and php under windows.

The search engine is your friend- learn to use it effectively, and you become stronger!
In response to digitalmouse
I don't see whats so hard about setting it up, it took me 3 minutes.

Edit some php files, make an account with phpmyadmin, edit more php files, login, and your set.