The Dying Breed

by Mr. RJT
The Dying Breed
Open world multiplayer zombie survival
ID:1891201

I joined. Super laggy, teleporting all over as I move. But hey the ground looks fantastic and the trees are nice. But why does my character look like that if the rest of the game looks so great?

I find some red berriers. Cool, I can eat these later. I mouse over them and click. Nothing happens. I try to right click, doesn't work either. I try every button and nothing works. I go into the skin file and look at the macros, not helpful.

I find a path and some zombies. Cool! A fight! I'm teleporting everywhere and so are they but at least this is fighting. Now I try to click them. It doesn't work. Why can't I attack them?????

I rage quit.
Zecronious wrote:
I joined. Super laggy, teleporting all over as I move. But hey the ground looks fantastic and the trees are nice. But why does my character look like that if the rest of the game looks so great?

That's strange with the lag. Did you join my current server or were you playing by yourself?

I don't have the best computer and when hosting, I have to close out of everything for any game I play (BYOND or Non-BYOND) to semi-work. Sorry!

I find some red berriers. Cool, I can eat these later. I mouse over them and click. Nothing happens.

I need to make a tutorial, my girlfriend experienced the same problem. In order to eat any berry in your current hand you just click on yourself. The same goes for using bandages and blood packs on yourself. I apologize for the lack of information. There is a help button "?" at the top right but it is vague.

I find a path and some zombies. Cool! A fight! I'm teleporting everywhere and so are they but at least this is fighting. Now I try to click them. It doesn't work. Why can't I attack them?????

Did you have a weapon equipped in the current hand? I apologize for just throwing you in the middle of the field with not much information.

I honestly don't know what to say about the lag since it appears to run fine on the computers I've tested on and other player's. But if you joined my server, that explains it! I truly do appreciate your comments though, it helps out a ton. I'm always trying to perfect things.

I also do realize first impressions mean a lot, it it appears that this wasn't a great one. If you ever do give the game another try I'd suggest trying single player first if I am hosting, haha. I'll make a tutorial though.
In response to Mr. RJT
Well thanks for not taking it the wrong way. I actually had trouble working out how to pick up the berries. I didn't get around to having it in my inventory.

The lag was to your server. I'm from New Zealand. That being said I connect fine to my BYONDpanel server and almost all SS13 servers.

I didn't see that there was ? button.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Well thanks for not taking it the wrong way.

I love suggestions! I truly do appreciate you taking the time out to even reply.

I actually had trouble working out how to pick up the berries. I didn't get around to having it in my inventory.

I'm guessing that while attempting to pick up the berries you were swinging your bat? Basically how my system work is that you have two hands. You start off with a bat in your left hand and nothing in your right. In order to pick up anything you need your empty hand you'll need to press tab to switch hands. The HUD on the bottom displays which hand is selected.

The lag was to your server. I'm from New Zealand. That being said I connect fine to my BYONDpanel server and almost all SS13 servers.

It's getting late here but I can try hosting a different day with all other programs closed. That was the only way my girlfriend and I could play this game and Counter-Strike 1.6 together, haha.

I didn't see that there was ? button.

It's at the top right. I just released another update which disabled fulls screen as it screwed up the HUD.