ID:189136

"The Petition against Dracon's banishment from BYOND Petition to Dantom was created by Society Against Dantom's Dogs And Mates (SADDAM)"

Some may not care, but Chris or Dracon as many of you know him as has been banned from BYOND for what we know not. For those of you who care, please sign this online petition that we'll be sending to Dantom in hopes of unbanishment.

http://www.petitiononline.com/homsar/petition.html
How about we leave him, his many alts, and his other bad things, banned?
In response to Jon88
I was not aware that he had done anything? Goku tell us what ya can man.
FYI: He was banned for HUB spoofing Hedgerow Hall, and making it redirect it to some other game.
Lummox JR has mentioned the topic in Chatters (losely explaining the reason), and it was enough to justify the ban.
In response to Kunark
I'm talking to him, and he claims he didn't do that. Says all he's done is say that HrH is overrated.
In response to Jotdaniel
Talk is cheap. Dracon can beg all he wants, but I say he stays banned; at least for a few months. Several trustworthy people, including Lummox JR and Hedgemistress, have given their word that Dracon was hub spoofing, and there is no reason to doubt them.
Words from Maniack:
To the good people of BYOND.. I'm sure we all have fallen antics to my brother, Dracon's, antics.. To use a lack of better words, its childish, stupid, and annoying.. A part of me wants you to keep him banned from BYOND forever.. but then again, that would mean banning me.. Yeah not a big loss, But lately I have been working hard on my game.. I've been thinking.. "If I show them sheer determination and hard work, I can help change BYOND, make it better, make it stronger, inspire young coders to come up with original ideas, which will in turn keep enhacing the gameplay of BYOND.."

Like I said, a part of me wants you to keep Dracon banned.. but then again I want to help BYOND.. and I dunno what would help more, Dracon (and I) staying banned forever, or showing determination and finishing my project as a symbol of Originality and Hard Work for all to use... So.. Its up you, BYOND... If you want Dracon to stay banned, Dont sign the petition.. if you want to take the chance at bringing him back, sign the petition..

In the words of Vash the Stampede.. "This land is made of LOVE AND PEACE!" ^^ Whatever you decide I'm not going to complain about, but that doesnt mean I'll stop working on my game either.. ^^ I am determined.. BYOND, Lets decide now, shall we?

-Zachary Alexander Kaminski (aka: Maniack)
In response to Crispy
Yes...I didn't sign the petiton right away, good thing. Sometimes ya wonder why anyone would do something like that...Lol if you read the petition letter, it says that Dracon needs a special learning place in byond. x.x
In response to Crispy
There's always a benefit of a doubt. I agree, Chris probably isn't perfect, but who is? All this basically is is politics. Who is more popular, and who can dig up the most trash to win. I prefer the truth over majority or popularity. So, before you say that these two can't or won't give false information to benefit ones self, think of the human nature.
In response to FenrirXIII
HUB Spoofing? Never heard of that before, what the heck is that?
You can't really expect someone to take such a silly-ish petition seriously, can you?

~Kujila
In response to Goku72
Goku72 wrote:
So, before you say that these two can't or won't give false information to benefit ones self, think of the human nature.

I agree. Humans are bound to be lying, treacherous, and self-motivated; therefore, logically whichever side has more humans on it, must be more treacherous and deceitful. So quit giving false information to benefit yourself and stand up and take some accountability for the actions of you and your friends.
In response to Goku72
Goku72 wrote:
All this basically is is politics.

Erm, no. All this basically is, is Dracon doing his best to conduct deliberately malicious attacks against BYOND.
In response to Vakir
A way of pretending that you're hosting a certain game, when you're in fact hosting something else.
In response to Crispy
I would be more liable to belive such a claim if I could possibly see a screenshot, or have a detailed explanation of his 'malicious attacks'.

-As far as I see, these 'malicious attacks' were just him messing around, not trying to kill or mame anyone.

Jeez...

And is a ban called for? I think a couple month suspension would be better,...

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
I would be more liable to belive such a claim if I could possibly see a screenshot, or have a detailed explanation of his 'malicious attacks'.

I'm not the person to ask for that, as I didn't see anything

-As far as I see, these 'malicious attacks' were just him messing around, not trying to kill or mame anyone.

Jeez...

Please explain how it's possible to kill someone over the internet.

If I hack into a non-profit web server and cause as much trouble as is within my power, causing the owners to ban me so that I can't do it again, is it right for me to then complain loudly about "unfair" treatment and even organise a petition urging the users of that web server to reinstate me?

And is a ban called for? I think a couple month suspension would be better,...

A two-month suspension is a ban, just not a permanent one. Keep in mind this is a repeat offence. I think Dantom and co. are quite right to stop him disrupting their free services.
In response to Crispy
That's the thing, he DID NOT hack into it. He did nothing as far as I know. So, currently it's basically their words against his. And as I said earlier, it IS politics...since Lexy and Lummox are better well known and respected, their words will be the ones most heard.
In response to Kujila
What he did was this... take advantage of a very unfortunate loophole in the HUB code to make a "game" that just redirects to his appear to be a hosted instance of Hedgerow Hall. Overall, this might seem harmless... and really, it doesn't hurt me at all.

I pushed for Dracon to be banned not because of harm he did to me (because he didn't), but for the harm he did to the community. Trite as it might sound, he's ruining the HUB for everybody.

Most people reading this had no idea that HUB spoofing was possible before Dracon abused it. Now everyone who logged into "my" game knows that it is, and everybody that Dracon's friends have contacted regarding his "unfair" banning know that it is, and a lot of people have probably pieced together how it's done... which means that the day is coming when the HUB listing security will need to be redone, much faster than it would have

Now, retrofitting all hub entries with some tougher form of authentication is going to be a hassle on the part of Dantom and each and every person who's ever made a hub entry... and worse it's a hassle that we should have been able to avoid if people would just respect the system. So we should all stand up and thank Dracon and all the other Dracons for making this wonderful day possible, er, necessary.

And so why did Dracon target me? I have no idea. I haven't been online steadily in months. I've never had any sort of ongoing communication with him. I don't pay much attention to the anime/fan game side of the community... I'm really only dimly aware of who he is, except for the knowledge that he's been here a long time, long enough to know better.

As for trustworthiness vs. screenshots... screenshots aren't proof. Screenshots are pixels on a screen saved in a graphic file. There's no difference between a screenshot and a picture painted with a graphics design program. There's even less difference between a screenshot and a screenshot subtly edited. If you're not going to believe me when I say this was up on the HUB last night where anyone could see it and dozens of people did... then why would you believe a screenshot?

Finally... BYOND bans are indefinite but not necessarily permanent. Dantom in the past has always aired on the side of giving people extra chances, or else Dracon probably would've been permanently banned a looooong time ago. I'll be very surprised if he's out for even a couple of months.

I'll be even more surprised if he learns anything from this experience. I mean, he acts like he's surprised, he's lying and telling his supporters that he was banned for saying Hedgerow Hall isn't all that good... instead of going, "Geez, I got caught... guess I shouldn't do that any more!", he wants everyone to think he's the victim.

Personally, I don't think he should be permanently banned. I do wish the younger BYOND community would wise up and realize how much Dracon's "pranks" could hurt them, so that instead of banding around him, they'd knock some sense into him.
CHRIS AKA DRACON SHOULD NOT BE BANNED!!! HE HAS HELP MAKE SOME OF THE GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!!! UNBANNE HIM PLEASE!
Page: 1 2 3 4