ID:189149

What are the names for ff2,ff3 nes and ff4,ff5,ff6 snes characters?
Check out http://www.ffonline.com for the SNES ones, and the characters in the NES games don't have names (If I remember right, I could be mistaken).
In response to DarkView
Ok, then if the ff2 and ff3 nes chars have no name what are they reffered too?
In response to HolyDoomKnight
Ok, then if the ff2 and ff3 nes chars have no name what are they reffered too?

The names you give them when you start a new game :P. There were no default names just like in the original Final Fantasy.
In response to Theodis
WTF!!!! NO NAMES!!!! in ff2j there was Firion/Frioniel, Maria, Gus/Guy, Leon. In FF3 they had no names tho.
In response to Theodis
So I can call the FF2 and FF3 chars nes whatever I want?
In response to Smelly Crap
WTF!!!! NO NAMES!!!! in ff2j there was Firion/Frioniel, Maria, Gus/Guy, Leon. In FF3 they had no names tho.

Maybe in the bastardized remake released recently they had names but in the original there were no names.
FF4: Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia(young), Rydia(mature), Palom, Porom, FuSoYa, Golbez, Yang, Edward, Tellah.

FF5: Butz, Lenna, Galuf, Faris, Cara, Exdeath.

FF6: Terra, Locke, Mog, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Kefka, Gestahl, Gau, Cyan, Setzer, Relm, Strago, Umaro, Gogo, Leo, Shadow.
In response to Theodis
There were names in the originals. Frioniel, Maria, Guy and Leonheart.
There were names in the originals. Frioniel, Maria, Guy
and Leonheart.

Where did you get the names? The manual? I just ran FF2 and all I got in the name selection screen was a blinking cursor. I tried to to just hit start to see if it would select a default name but it didn't.
In response to Theodis
i found them on some random site that uploaded the manual and translated it line by line. it was ages ago so dont ask me for the link.
those i think r from origins .. wait they r
In response to HolyDoomKnight
The Origins names are : Firion, Maria, Gus and Leon. They slight changed them around.
those names aren't original, there originally were no names, those names came from the square wonderswan remake of FF2, and were later used in the amature translation of the nes version, they've pretty much became standard
In response to EzrahChan
Well I might as well still use them.