ID:1891952

Hello Readers! I hope you had a happy and safe independence weekend (for us who celebrate the holiday) although what I've overheard from the shadows may suggest the otherwise was the case for some. Do remember to review the history on how and why your county was founded, it's important! Then get up to date with these more current events:

BYOND

Despite a difficult few weeks, Lummox JR has remained hard at work on the BYOND development suite. DSification of the Webclient is progressing well, the map cell limit has been raised to an insane integer, and improvements have been made to the built-in pathfinding. Check out the release notes for full details.

BYOND Games

Frequently updated Sigrogana Legend 2 has seen some improvements over the past two weeks, featuring status icons for 109 effects that hadn't had them before. Several areas of the game have seen smaller improvements, and as always, a long list of bug fixes and adjustments.

Evi of Au has been progressing well on Dead State, a tactical zombie survival game, A demo is currently available on the hub page, and upgrades include world and player saving, weapons, and random events. Graphic replacements are planned.

Yutput has been working on improvements and content expansions to Epoch, an action RPG. To actually read the update notes would drive English teachers to insanity, but nevertheless, document the addition of armors, weapons, changes to skills, and much more. The game is $12.50 for life, but there is a free demo for players to test out the game. I've quite enjoyed the game so far.

The Dying Breed has been in rapid development recently, and Mr. RJT has been keeping us up to date every few days. Survive a zombie apocalypse with newly added armor, and keep an eye out for food, since starving is equally as deadly. While your surviving, a number of aesthetic features have been added, such as smooth transition turfs, dynamic sounds, and interface improvements. Keep an eye on his shoutbox for near-daily updates.

RP Infinite has left private testing and is now available publicly. RP Infinite offers an environment and tools for creative users who want to create their own text based role play games.

Wikked_Klwn420 has begun work on The Untold Kingdom and is described as an Open-World Medieval RPG. Available screenshots show the interface and stat arrangement.

Also being worked on by Wikked_Klwn420 is Last Man Standing, an RPG with tower defense mechanics worked in. Up to five players take on the role of a wizard, warrior, ranger, cleric, or more recently, a necromancer or druid, and attempt to defend the castle from oncoming monster waves. Keep an eye out for weapons and gold on the way.

Taking a familiar cue from traditional JRPGs, the world of NEStalgia will become much more dangerous with the addition of damage dealing terrain such as marshes and Indiana Jones styled rolling boulders. To help promote teamwork, if a party member dies due to a terrain trap, the whole party will faint and be sent back to the last town as well.

Alienx26 has continued work on SHOOT!... and that's all I know. He has been on me to mention the game for a few weeks now, if you want more information, you'll have to make a post on his forums.

Taint_thewizard is back with a new computer, and a new edition of Avalon, partially due to losing the original code. Download the hosting files and check out the new HUDs and title screen. Bugs have been addressed as well. If you happen to have the older hosting files, send them Taint's way, as he is interested in comparing the two versions.

I fear the baby-eating man DanteVFenris is adding to his dark adventure game Cursed Luck. Disregarding that addition, he has already added a monster class, treasure chests, explorable buildings, and tons of NPC to define the story. We may expect a playable release in 3 to 4 weeks.

Soma Schicksal has posted two update logs for Final Impact: Aeon Catalyst, bringing the turn based RPG to version 0.22. Highlights include the edition of enemy stats, the completion of the weapon trail, improved interfaces, unlockable difficulties, and much more.

BYOND Resources

• Lummox JR has shared some of his internal knowledge about the matrix() proc.
  • Need to edit variables at real time for testing purposes? Kats shares their Simple Command Line code.
  • Yutput is reinforcing what he has learned about Combat Design by teaching it to all of us.
  • Ter13 and a group has started and been working on a Community Standard Library, containing commonly used procs.
  • Ss4gogeta0 created a Source Code Depository for games which are no longer in active development.
  • ATHK offers a demonstration on how to set up a Paypal shop.
  • Add visible text to objects using Name Text from Red Hall Dev.
  • Pokemonred200 has created an HTML5 control to allow developers to add Gamepad Support to the webclient.
  • Kaiochao is letting us test drive his new car with a library showing how to move and rotate in any direction.
  • Red Hall Dev has upgraded Craft Basic to Craft Pro, a simple and easy way to add crafting to any game.
  • Mightymo has created a port of Box2D, a physics interaction simulator. Ragdoll anyone?
  • Kaiochao provides some simple shapes for easy recoloring and easing icon requirements.
  • Aim, shoot, and hit on target with Red Hall Dev's Auto Targeting Library.
  • Kaiochao created and released a demonstration on how a plane simulation, similar to Luftrausers, could be made.
  • Konlet created Trailed Icons, a library for making icons play follow the leader.
Nice
Rad! Also, I just published this.
is that right?
btw Epoch is lookin sexy
In response to Konlet
lol ok
thanks for the post. I hope more people are interested in the older sources and less interested in Anime rips

:)
Oh ho ho! Bravo, guys! You too Higoten for the update and yutput for his contribution on Combat Design. I'm liking this activeness so far =]
All kinds of exciting things going on!~
I also released a few things recently.

shapes: basic 32x32 shapes that I use in pretty much all of my test projects. I'm sure you could perfectly clone Thomas Was Alone with these.

car: pretty basic vehicular controls with smooth sub-pixel movement.

planes: a few hours put into cloning LUFTRAUSERS.

nametags: this is an actual demo for using maptext to make nametags on players.
Skirmish is still alive, progress has just been slow. I promise I'll have news sometime this week. (:
Kumorii I'm holding that to you bby
In response to Prazon
Prazon wrote:
Kumorii I'm holding that to you bby

Unf, another secret lover. <33
I won't let you down. c;
you guys have any questions for my game?
In response to Alienx26
Alienx26 wrote:
you guys have any questions for my game?

Yeah, what is it? Any images available?
yes and if you any info on my game please make sure to pm me
if you any info on my game

Am I info on your game? Should I PM you? I'm actually not sure.
In response to Ter13
if you want to hear/know abour more information on my game just pm me
In response to Ter13
lmao
Page: 1 2 3 4 5