ID:189249

To who it may concern...

I am departing from the Byond community. It's been about a year since the beginning of Final Fantasy - The Hunting Grounds, and I feel I need to move on. I enjoyed working on the project (and a few others) and I hope it will continue to advance. Pogrus is taking over as manager of the project and version 5 will likely be out some time in November. I would ask the supporters not to vanish, please. Thank you.

I'd like to say a few things about the Byond community and the people I have met here. I think this place has a lot of potential, some of which has been applied well. There are some fantastic creators out there who just need a little time to put up their stuff. To the players of Byond, I can only say thank you; there would not be much point in designing a game if there were none to enjoy it. But I would also like to point out to you all that where you place your support is where the supply will come from. A slim demand will give you a slim supply of games. Look around some time. There's a lot more than a single theme redone many times. If that's what you all enjoy...well, that's your choice. Stretch out a little. Tell people on the boards what you want. Maybe even do it yourself. Either way, existing creators will thank you.

For those who have completed projects out there, the works of art that are now being enjoyed, keep going. It will only get better. Thanks to the moderators for putting in the effort to keep things in order, and thanks to Dan and Tom for making this all possible. Imagine how many people you have influenced through your work. That is a dream come true.

I hope Byond prospers. It has so much potential. There are a lot of good people in this place. I've never met an online community revolving around simple game designing as involved as this one. The enthusiasm really is a sign that people enjoy it here (hundreds of people online at any given time). And that's what counts. I do hope, however, that it expands in new directions. I have spoken with many (and I agree with them) that certain aspects of Byond have made it somewhat stagnant - I'm talking to the creators out there. Throw a team together! Working alone is a difficult (and somewhat lonely) task, especially considering how many people there are here willing and able to get involved. I don't care what people say about the difficulties of working in teams - it's faster, more efficient, and a hell of a lot more fun. Let's see some mega-projects folks. Enough of these shabby attempts. Build Your Own Net Dream. If your dream here is for yourself only, then that's okay for you. But I think all creators want to see their game(s) played. By hundreds. At one time. I know I did...still do (although the current net connection makes that seem like just a little more than an exaggeration, but you get my point). Lot of potential here. Use it. There's a lot of negativity around here too, it seems. And it's easy to find. But it's not enough to stop what really ever made a difference on here. It's a community. An online community, an impossibility only years ago. It's hard to say don't take it for granted. But don't. Enjoy it. None of you may ever meet each other for real - that doesn't matter. You can still make and be friends, even if you're just text messaging each other. Heck - Light Samurai even mentions "new friends" on his game.

To the supporters of The Hunting Grounds and The Brotherhood, my friends, good luck. I enjoyed the msn messenger antics. For the non-supporters, good luck to you as well. Pseudo-motivational speech crap aside, I guess I don't really have a whole lot more to write. Keep having fun, folks. Good luck for those going back to school. Take it easy...

-Dagolar

p.s.- I can be e-mailed at [email protected]

I'll keep in touch.

p.s.- Please, if anyone has anything negative to say in response, just for once, for me, save it. You already have my gratitude for doing so.
It's been a long time since I first joined the Brotherhood. Ever since that first day, I have learned and seen many different things that I did not know or have not seen before. I know that without you Dagolar, many of these things may have not been introduced to me. You have taught me many things about BYOND and many things outside of BYOND. One of the main things that you have taught me was that you should never give up. No matter how hard the assignment is, don't stop. I'm sure that this will guide me with my leadership of the Brotherhood for many years.
Thanks Dagolar. Thank you for everything that you have done for me and BYOND. You will always be remembered here by me and many others as the person who created some of the greatest and funnest games. You will always be there by my side as you always have been... You will always be one of my greatest friends, no matter what happens.
I wish you good luck and hope that you have a great and happy time away from BYOND. I'll always be here for you Dagolar, as you always have been for me.

Your Friend Always,
Pogrus

P.S.: I WON'T let the Brotherhood down;)

In response to Pogrus
I'll stiil be here too. It's not often you find a good decent person/s that run a good natured game; One that I can help out with, hosting that is. Be sure to check in often Dag. Seeya
In response to FenrirXIII
I'll check in as long as I know the best 2 of the crew are still around enough to respond to my soapy bologne...

-Dagolar