Sidescroller

by Forum_account
Sidescroller
This library gives you the basic movement system of a platformer. You can make an action/platform game in minutes!
ID:1892813

New problem. This one, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to fix; primarily since it shouldn't even be happening. I've double-checked my code over and over again, making sure to follow the exact format I see in the demos for the same type of thing even, but no matter what I do, my NPC (enemy, in this case) mobs dissapear on startup. It's not that they never show up, either; I lagged on loading one time, and managed to see the mob right where I set it to be. But once the lag cleared, it was gone.

Also, I can't find instructions ANYWHERE on the internet for how to post code in BYOND forums.
A few days of tinkering and I finally fixed the issue, but immediately got a new one; using a while loop anywhere inside any mob proc I make is causing the player to disappear this time!
I've figured out what causes the player to dissapear. For some reason using any kind of sleep function in the loop is causing the error. Does anyone have an alternative way to prevent a loop overload but have a loop that will still keep running?