I have 374 songs as of right now, no doubles. Windows tells me that it's about 1.40 gigabytes. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

They're like my children. I love them all.

(You know, if I like, had children.)
I <s>have</s> had about 400+. I got a new computer, and decided not to put any junk on it.

-Camaro-
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
http://www.WindowsUpdate.com was taken down. Unless there's some new variant, http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com should still work. For me, it seems to.

Yeah, apparently I can add the inability to read to my list of problems. I eventually did get the updates. However, I got an error (0x801901F8 or something like that) before my last posts and again many times today. It would happen before I could even click the scan link.

Anywho, I should download whatever music I can again to test my new media player... and to get my second tangent post back on topic. ;)
In response to Tokabol
As a musician, I feel like this hits close to home, so I'll respond ;)

Tokabol wrote:
If yopu truely are a good musician you'd like what you are doing and want to share it with the world.

I like to think of myself as a good musician, and everybody I've run into that's heard me play thinks so as well, so I guess I qualify ;)

I love sharing my music with people. I love the feeling I get when me and my bandmates sit down and write a song. I love giving a new song the first run-through. The musician's bond is wonderful.

Music shouldn't be like a strenous task that you need compensation for your hard work.

It's not strenuous, beleive me, but it's only fair to get some sort of compensation.

Artists make money from their painting, sculptors make money from their sculptures, chefs make money for their food (chefs consider their food art), and to a lesser extent, game programmers receive money for their art.

What do you do for a living, or even a hobby?

It should be something you enjoy doing and want to let everyone hear because it gives you that good feeling inside.

I enjoy doing it. What does enjoying something having to do with receiving some sort of payment for it? Most people get paid for what they do, why shouldn't we?

As for getting the money to record the songs and such, truely good artists will get funded either by the public

I still don't understand how you seem to perpetually relate skill with money. You're saying that if someone's skilled, they shouldn't receive money for it? I don't get it.

Music isn't about profit, it's about art.

There's one thing I agree with, but I don't make profit. I make maybe $25 a gig, and that's definitely not making up for the money I spent on equipment.
Page: 1 2