ID:189319

If you didn't see this coming at least four or five months ago, then now would be an appropriate time to throw yourself off of a bridge. =P
What I want to know is what it tastes like; I'm afraid to try it.

I was unimpressed with Vanilla Coke, which has way too much vanilla. I can barely drink the stuff; it's like trying to swallow liquid cake batter. It may taste good, but after the first sip you can't take any more, and you're even thirstier.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I think you exaggerate the case on Vanilla Coke, but if you liked the idea of pre-bottled vanilla cola, Pepsi would be worth your time... it's smoother and a bit more understated.
In response to Lummox JR
lol, pepsi vinila what next???

Lummox JR wrote:

I was unimpressed with Vanilla Coke, which has way too much vanilla. I can barely drink the stuff; it's like trying to swallow liquid cake batter. It may taste good, but after the first sip you can't take any more, and you're even thirstier.

well i geuss im glad i havnt even brought a Vanilla Coke even tho its been out for a very long time.
In response to Lummox JR
Vanilla Coke is vile at first, but it grows on you. I just finished sucking one back not even a few minutes ago.

I'm planning on picking up a Pepsi Vanilla when I drive by 7-Eleven tomorrow. If they have any, anyway.
In response to Lummox JR
Au contraire, I put vanilla extract into frosted mugs of coca cola many years before they came out with the pre-canned vanilla coke. I don't drink pepsi period unless I'm at a resteraunt, so I'm probably just not gonna go for the Pepsi Vanilla.

On a side note, why is there so little cherry in Cherry Coke? Wild Cherry Pepsi is really cherry-y, Coca Cola should make an adjustment.
In response to Lummox JR
Weird thing is, I like Diet Vanilla Coke better than I like the regular Vanilla Coke, mostly because it tastes like cream soda with a tiny hint of cola in it, which is pretty good. I can stand Vanilla Coke, but not enough to drink it regularly.
In response to Nadrew
I like diet better also I think its that the fake sugar is sweeter and it has the added benefit of preserving your body thanks to the formaldehyde.
In response to Lord of Water
On a side note, why is there so little cherry in Cherry Coke?

That's because before Coca-Cola bottled Cherry Coke, soda fountains used to sell "cherry cokes" which were a glass of coke with a candied maraschino cherry in it. As you can imagine, one little cherry added to a glass of coke at the time of serving didn't have a huge impact on the taste... less than you get in a bottle of cherry coke, but of course, if you can't actually see the cherry floating there, you need a little more prompting.

Retro places with 50s and 60s themes still do the cherry thing, or offer to put a few drops of flavored extract (vanilla, or whatever) into your soda, another soda fountain trick. Pepsi doesn't have the whole soda fountain heritage that Coke does, which is why through the "flavored cola" thing it's mostly been Coke leading and Pepsi following just to remain competitive... and also why they feel more free to really cherrify their cherry cola.

Cherry coke is still better than most bargain basement cherry colas, though. I don't know about anywhere else, but around here, the storebrand cherry cola looks and tastes like cough syrup.
In response to Lummox JR
Albertson's had Pepsi Vanilla on sale at $0.69 for a 2-liter bottle, so we got several today. After 2 glasses of the diet version, I have to say I like it a lot. Probably a little more than Vanilla Coke the few times I had it. But then, I'm not a big cola person, so what do I know? For the record, I have a slight preference for Pepsi over Coke, but the difference isn't that much to me. I know that some big cola fans have their religious biases and often can't stand the other stuff. It's all cola to me. ;-)
In response to Wanabe
Wanabe wrote:
lol, pepsi vinila what next???

Lummox JR wrote:

well i geuss im glad i havnt even brought a Vanilla Coke even tho its been out for a very long time.

7up vanilla!
tango vanilla!
vanilla vanilla!!!

to much choise so little time!!!
In response to Lord of Water
If you think Wild Cherry Pepsi is err...cherry-y, you need to try Cheerwine. It's only avaliable in the south (I picked some up on vacation), but it has to be the best cherry flavored cola I've ever had.
In response to Mousie_kebabs
Vanilla 7up would really be interesting. I should try sticking a drop or two of vanilla cream in my dnL.
In response to Air Mapster
I used to only drink Pepsi products -- with the exception of Sprite, because the new 7up, in my opinion, tastes like lemonade made with dirt instead of sugar -- but after Vanilla Coke, I now drink most of them interchangeably. I won't touch 7up if I have the chance, but Crush, Coke, Pepsi... it's all good.

I do think that Pepsi is slightly smoother than Coke -- Coke seems to make my teeth feel rubbery, but Pepsi doesn't.
Spuzzum wrote:
If you didn't see this coming at least four or five months ago, then now would be an appropriate time to throw yourself off of a bridge. =P

It's delicious. I transfered my craving of Vanilla Coke over to Pepsi Vanilla. WoooWeee!

RaeKwon
Spuzzum wrote:

I didn't, but only because I had assumed the government would have revoked Pepsi's flavor-inventing license following Pepsi Blue. Apparently they must've snuck this one out on a technicality since they're just copying it from Coke, but I'm still not exactly eager to rush out and try any new Pepsi flavors.

[EDIT] I immediately made a hypocrite out of myself by rushing out and trying Pepsi Vanilla, confirming that it's just as bad as I thought it would be (the aftertaste of Pepsi does not go well with vanilla--nor, in fact, anything else at all, except for plain Pepsi). Which goes to show that I while I may be a hypocrite, I'm not necessarily a smart hypocrite. So nyah.
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
I had assumed the government would have revoked Pepsi's flavor-inventing license following Pepsi Blue.

Oy. I can't believe Pepsi Blue is still on the market. Who drinks that vile stuff? I got suckered into it for awhile, but only because they preyed on my one weakness. I have a rare condition that causes me to intensely crave any drink that is blue. If a restaurant has a blue drink on the menu, I have to order it. Usually it's pretty good, especially if it includes blue curacao. If I pass by a blue drink in the store, I have to buy it (but for some strange reason, blue sports drinks don't seem to apply). I really have no choice in the matter.

You can imagine what happened when Pepsi Blue came out. I bought the stuff and choked it down for weeks. It was horrible. But it was blue! Finally the assault on my tastebuds became so bad that I actually began to build up a resistance to it. I could finally walk down the soda aisle and emerge without a cart full of Pepsi Blue. I was sure I would soon see it disappearing from the shelves, as surely I was singlehandedly keeping the product line afloat! But apparently I've either severely underestimated the rarity of my condition, or some people actually like that stuff??!?
I've only tried Pepsi Blue once or twice but I liked it all right. My real weakness, though, is a blue raspberry Slush Puppie (or any slush, though Slush Puppie brand is the best and you get to add your own flavors -- a squirt of lemon-lime goes real well with the blue raspberry).

Now, if Coca-Cola would make a diet Coke that tasted like real Coke, that would really be something.
Pepsi blue is the most disgusting cola I've ever tasted. Nothing compares to it(was it really even a cola?). It tasted like carbonated cool aid.
For the record, I'd just to say that I think all types of cola taste foul. All of them. =P

--Crispy, promoting individuality in a world of Coke. =)