ID:189525

Has anybody beat this game and actually understood it? What was that little girl? How was Mary sending these letters to James? Was Maria a Ghost? Was Angela a ghost? How did those Zombies get there?

This game has SOOO many plot holes.
Probably your fault for not getting the best rating, thus leaving you with plot holes.

No, I don't know it for a fact, but horror games like to do that.
The main character is insane and he doesn't really remember what he did which, supposedly, was kill Mary. There are multiple endings, I know that.

The monsters are actually demons that have come to haunt him, but are part of his insanity, or something like that. I don't know all of the details, but if you get the whole idea of the game, it is actually quite well written, better than a lot of video games I've played.

-Dagolar
In response to Dagolar
So...that Maria girl who died 3 times was a ghost or a figment of his imagination? Is that why he said "Thank's for punishing my sins" or something like that.... and then he said "I don't need you anymore"...or something?
Dagolar beat me to it. :P I really, REALLY want to play Silent Hill 3. I have some Game Informers with first looks in them. Looks awesome.

"If there's one game out there that will get your stomach churning and have you sprinting for the porcelain god, it's Silent Hill 3. This game is so morbid, distrubing and downright disgusting, roughly 99 percent of the screen captures Konami supplied are unsuitable for publication. For those of you who need illumination on this matter, picture, if you will, a girl on her hands and knees crying within a room soaked from ceiling to floor in human blood. As intended, it's the kind of imagery that will send shivers up your spine and will make you sleep with your nightlight on for weeks on end. The story in Silent Hill focuses on yet another hapless victim. Players will assume the role of Heather Morris, an ordinary teen who enjoys spending her afternoons with friend at the mall. As luck would have it, not only did she miss the Gap's big clearance sale, but ghastly demons with the thirst for blood have overrun the mall. It's up to little Miss Morris to stay alive and discover the root of the problem. Silent Hill 3's monster designer, Masahiro Ito adds, "The town's history plays a large part in this game and the story brings back the occult element."
If you thought that Splinter Cell excelled in graphical realism - especially in shading - you haven't seen anything yet. Silent Hill 3 taps into a new graphics engine that delivers lifelike environmental details. Shadows will roll of the character faces realistically as they move beneath lights. "Darkness has always been part of Silent Hill, but now we've brought it to a different level", remarks Ito. The in-game visuals are so sharp, in fact, that Konami decided to use them within the CG movies. If you've played through the previous entries in the series, you know that the game has always used different models within it's cutscenes. With the graphics drawing in players, Konami decided to rework the gameplay to keep them engrossed. "We've made the gameplay more enjoyable," comments Ito. "We've included more variations in battle so that you are not becoming familiar with what is happening." In one such instance, Heather will stumble upon beef jerky. While the player's reflex is to eat it to regain health, it's actually used as bait for a creature. When Heather drops it to the floor, the beast will lunge for it. As it feasts, Heather has an open window to attack or flee. When Silent Hill 3 releases on May 6, players will receive a special bonus: Konami is bundling the game with an orginal music soundtrack. This score, which is composed, preformed, and edited by Silent Hill 3's producer, Akira Yamaoka, features four exclusive vocal tracks not featured in the game."

Whew. I typed that from my Game Informer. Hope you enjoy. :)

~>Volte
Sariat wrote:
Has anybody beat this game and actually understood it? What was that little girl? How was Mary sending these letters to James? Was Maria a Ghost? Was Angela a ghost? How did those Zombies get there?

This game has SOOO many plot holes.

Actually, there are very few, if any.

The little girl was a friend of mary's when they were both in brookhaven hospital.

Mary didnt send the letter to james.
The town did.

Maria isnt really a ghost, just a person who the town created to help james to the hotel.

Angela wasnt really a ghost, just a person who had a bad childhood, which made her a bit crazy.

Those "zombies" are actually monsters formed by a person's sub-concious and given form by their sins.

or something like that =P

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ silent_hill_2_plot.txt

that should answer ALOT of your questions, however, it does contain spoilers for those of you who havent beaten the game
Forget Silent Hill, go for the Resident Evil series =). Now those are books/games I can enjoy. Unfortunately, the movie plot was a nightmare, and much more frightening than any monster in the entire series.(Frightening in a way that means it was terrible.)

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
Yea, I beat it and understood it.

Beat the first and the second, understood both... Thing is it was a very long time since I played them... And for that matter, completed them haha.

Pillsverry has answered most of your enquiry though, and inturn, he gave you a link to the plot.

Also, I have played Silent Hill 3, you play as a woman, not bad though... Anyhow, I haven't had much time to play Silent Hill 3, but it is quite entertaining... Quite a hefty chunk of new items and what have you, thing is though, the puzzles seem to be a lot easier than that of the first two series... Although they were not all that hard to figure out on hard either...

They should really make the puzzles more difficult haha... I wanted more of a challenge puzzle-wise, although I do admit I had to think fast quite often.

Anyhow, for the person who mentioned the Resident Evil series, Sariat was only enquiring about the plot for Silent Hill 2, not about Resident or is sequels... Or for that matter which is better.

You saying Resident Evil series is better than the Silent Hill series is just your opinion. A massive ammount of other people prefer Silent Hill to Resident Evil, and the same goes for the other way around, and a chunk of people don't like these type of games full stop. I can't say in my opinion which of the two are better, because I like them both a great deal.

In total, they are great games, just different plots, quests, sub-quests, endings, characters, weapons, baddies, etc...

All in all though, they're just great games and of the same genre.

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Wow, thanks for the lecture on opinions, since I already know this. Maybe you should learn about suggestions, because that is what I was doing. I was strongly suggesting the Resident Evil series over caring about the Silent Hill one. I really see no point in you pointing it out.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>