ID:1899925

A tree I made... Something looks off about it, especially the bark texture/shading. Or maybe it is the pallete. Anyways, help me out guys with some CC.
you need a third color for the bark maybe a really dark brown to highlight some shadows?
Overall, pretty good. Needs some work on the edges I think, they're very dark and a bit sketchy. The other thing is that the roots are all evenly spaced out. Nature doesn't do that but it's something we naturally do with art sometimes.

Those are pretty minor, seems very good.
Gonna drop this here as an example which is similar to what you're doing.

Source: http://wayofthepixel.net/ index.php?action=profile;u=32317;area=showposts
Create more foliage noise.

edit thanks for everyone who tried to help him we've been trying to get this tree done but i was able to fix this tree up for us.
In response to Hebrons
I like the trunk but the leaves look like palm leaves.
Guidelines are the key to all forms of art... I suggest u make a round mesh 28th the correct perspective an go from there
Yeah tried to do something different cause never really seen anyone try to make a tree like this and this is anime you can be creative with this so who said leaves can't look like that?
In response to Hebrons
Hebrons wrote:
Yeah tried to do something different cause never really seen anyone try to make a tree like this and this is anime you can be creative with this so who said leaves can't look like that?

Yeah bro! I absolutely support that! That's why I have come up with an awesome tree design for you:

Creative right? Plus, it's anime so who says tree cant look like that?
In response to A2J2TIWARI
My thoughts exactly. This is a case or artistic licence being applied very liberally. Too much? Well that's subjective but i much prefered the first concept's leaves. Imo thats what was done perfectly.
In response to A2J2TIWARI
A2J2TIWARI wrote:
Hebrons wrote:

Yeah bro! I absolutely support that! That's why I have come up with an awesome tree design for you:

Creative right? Plus, it's anime so who says tree cant look like that?

I assume you're being sarcastic, but I actually like that ;)

RIP! :3
In response to Akto
LOOL
You don't have to go for realism when making your art, unless your game's meant to be more realistic. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You can make whatever excuse you want for things to look certain ways. 'It's not Earth, it's a new species, it's mutated, ect'
In response to NNAAAAHH
To a point.. NNAAAAHH

There are many people who do things which make no sense but then justify it by saying 'well you don't have to be realistic'.
There are many people who do things which make no sense but then justify it by saying 'well you don't have to be realistic'.

I don't think it's necessarily about making sense, so much as being aesthetically pleasing and communicating visually the intended effect that the developer/artist intends to.
...sigh...

...This thread is now about horses.

Message to the future: Shit hit the fan, there were horses and a man on fire, and I think brick killed a guy. Stuff was handled like men via PM, and the thread was returned to some slight level of stability.

Also, I had make-up sex with Zecronious and he was an amazing lay.

didn't feel like doing a lightsource and leaf blades... 2lazy.