ID:19001

I'm still keeping my distance from BYOND until Acheron's Awakening comes out... but I'd just like to let everyone know that development is going really well! I've noticed a lot of people talking about the game lately, and the big question is whether or not AA will live up to all the hype. My answer to that is "absolutely yes", but I'll let the game speak for itself when it is released.

I've got a lot going on in my life right now, but I've still been able to devote a great deal of time to coding the game. Right now I'm in the polishing phase... which is probably one of the most important steps.

I see that trolls have inherited the BYOND Members blogs. To all of you out there who are sick of the immature cries for attention that happen daily around here: don't worry! None of these trolls will be playing Acheron's Awakening. They won't even be given the chance.

I'm looking forward to playing this game with the cool BYONDers in the very near future! Thank you again for all of the support. Also thank you to all of the people who have sent me emails in the past couple weeks!
Nice, can't wait to see the game up and running. :)
Will i get in, im not a troll i just ban them from blog?
Thanks, that just reversed my mood. :)

Especially by the fact I won't be playing with Xeal or Ol'Yeller right?
I hope I haven't done anything to deserve to be banned.

I'm looking foward to the game being release d, though. BYOND needs something new, and BYOND definatley needs a good RPG.
Wow. Not even getting a chance.

Still looking forward to the game though. Hopefully the polishing won't take too long.
Nah dude, I think that we all know who the trolls are, and you're not one of them!

And Unknown, I'm still waiting to see your new game up and running!
You know it was pretty exaggerated, but I had fun.

http://members.byond.com/Worldweaver/files/happyness.jpg

It wasn't even as much that they won't be playing, more that Silk owned them.
Silk, UP always hosts, heh. He usually tells the people in wiz_chat, since he's in there because it's the best chat program in BYOND. :P

It's pretty fun. Try to get in sometime so I can own ya. ;D
Really? I didn't realize that he had already started hosting that game. Right on. Too bad he wasn't elite enough to join Elitist Chat and tell us!!!!!

Haha, thanks for posting that screenshot Worldweaver. I'm glad that you're looking forward to playing Acheron's Awakening troll-free. I know that I sure am.
Pfft, if only Elitist Chat was ever hosted two days after it was created!

I'll be hosting next week during Sunday evening, so pop by then. :P
Unknown Person:
Pfft, if only Elitist Chat was ever hosted two days after it was created!

Yeah, but Elitist Chat is so elite and well coded that if it were hosted for more than 2 days it would probably become self aware and destroy humanity.

I'll definitely try and stop by your game next Sunday!
I remember when the DWO 1.9 Mercenary AI became self-aware and you had to destroy your computer to keep it from spreading.

That was a sad day.
Message to the trolls:

If only you could have kept your opinions to yourself =P
Wait, by 'trolling' you mean posting pointless posts? If so, please let me play, I'll stop. :(
Nah, I've made my fair share of pointless posts.

I'm mainly talking about the trolls who spam the entire front page or spend their time harrassing other members. Also, a lot of them think that they can try to troll Jaredoggy or myself with no consequences.

Anyone else I would give fair warning before being banned from my games, so don't even worry about it.
...I missed a lot while I was on the plane, didn't I?
oh, great! i was worried I wouldn't be able to play. =)
Am I one? </3
I think the pre-release banning is a good idea. I don't think anyone here wants their first day playing Acheron's Awakening to be just watching people arguing with each other over chat (well, hopefully the banning will prevent that... right?)

The ironic thing is even though Silk's take a break from BYOND... he's still been arguing with a few people on his forums.

There's no escape from trolls. =(
Page: 1 2 3