How do you plan on keeping the trolls out. Simply key banning them isn't enough-- are their IPs going to be logged if they try and log in, and if so, will you have it automatically ban all keys associated with that IP?

Probably so, just asking.

Also, how about a list of people already on the ban list?
Like you mentioned, an associated key/ip banning system will be in place... as well as several other measures that will remain a secret in order to protect the integrity of the system. If there is one thing that I know, it's that AA will be hell for potential ban-evaders.

I don't want to post a ban list yet. The list basically consists of anyone banned from posting on my member pages... but not all of those people will also be banned from AA.
Good to hear that the game's coming along smoothly. I can't wait to play!
Can you give ous a rough estimate when the game well me comeing out?
CepheusSeriphos wrote:
Am I one? </3

i think you would know weither or not you were one lol :D
I see that trolls have inherited the BYOND Members blogs. To all of you out there who are sick of the immature cries for attention that happen daily around here: don't worry! None of these trolls will be playing Acheron's Awakening. They won't even be given the chance.

Amen. Wait, I hope you don't consider me a troll! I just like to make fun of the trolls!
I'm all for constructive arguments; however, people tend to argue well past the point of when an argument degenerates into claptrap.

I can still foresee arguments erupting elsewhere, but it might be beneficial to add a specific chat channel for debates.
Sage, you are one of the trolls I believe?
Who?
Me or Silent Sage?
Flame Sage? I can't think of any point in time where you've ever been a problem to anybody (that I know of).
SilkWizard wrote:
Yeah, but Elitist Chat is so elite and well coded that if it were hosted for more than 2 days it would probably become self aware and destroy humanity.

I'll definitely try and stop by your game next Sunday!

Jaredoggy wrote:
I remember when the DWO 1.9 Mercenary AI became self-aware and you had to destroy your computer to keep it from spreading.

That was a sad day.

Two of the funniest things I've heard in a good...three days.
Well...
There was that time..
With the bananna, and...
Well...
Let's not go there. =)
Flame Sage wrote:
Well...
There was that time..
With the bananna, and...
Well...
Let's not go there. =)

Ew
Flame Sage wrote:
Well...
There was that time..
With the bananna, and...
Well...
Let's not go there. =)

I do alot of sexual innuendo, ask Sarm about it, however sir your attempt at sexual innuendo there failed horribly. I read it and I still have a straight face, you fail.
Silk. You WISH you could keep the trolls out of your game.

This is Jermman. I look forward to playing AA, you can't really keep me out.
Or you could just...not troll, right? :/
The Lazy One wrote:

You really don't have much of a life if you're going to spend hours, maybe even days trying to navigate through loop holes of some online game's ban system.
I could not troll, but whats the point.
Saving Silk the trouble of having to fiddle with bans, you the trouble of evading them, and everyone else the trouble of having to listen to it all.
The Lazy One wrote:

This is so absolutely lifeless.
Page: 1 2 3