ID:190151

To everyone:
It was brought to my attention today that there has been
a virus going around that norton does not detect. This file is a variant of the Trojan/NetDevil15 virus. Sophos picked it up while i was looking at it. Do not download this file. Do not accept this file from anyone. I do not know why Norton does not pick it up. But several people that i know have downloaded this file. The file can be found at:

www.chaosvisions.com/Other/ByondCheater.exe

If anyone knows who leads/programs for chaos visions you may want to post. These kind of things could ruin byond!!

-jinjo21

Maybe this is good in a way. It will teach the people trying to download a cheat program for BYOND a lesson, and people will start becoming scared to download any of them. But like I said, it's only in a way, it sucks for them in a way too because such a program can be so inticing for young people or just curious people. But sometimes, curiosity kills the cat's computer.
In response to Kunark
heh well put kunark. But i find it kind of sad that someone would resort to this.
In response to Jinjo21
Jinjo21 wrote:
heh well put kunark. But i find it kind of sad that someone would resort to this.

Hmm...how would one know if twas a virus in such a program...intriguing...CoUgH**hYpOcRiTe**CoUgH
In response to Goku72
He already said his friends got them and were infected.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
But sometimes, curiosity kills the cat's computer.

Well put, Kunark >=)
In response to Dracon
Jinjo, I suggest you quite using Norton because in my honest opinion it is the biggest pile of such a thing (keeping to the rules ;)) that has ever existed.

If you want a free Anti-Virus program that has a wide range of known virus' and cures for them, then I suggest you really do ditch Norton and go fro AVG Anti-Virus.

You can get the AVG Anti-Virus program at the following link: http://www.grisoft.com/

All you need to do is follow your way through to the free version of AVG, which you can find as soon as you get on to the page.

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
I got this a while back when I checked out one of the more seedier icon-trading programs... AVG sniffed it out right away.
In response to digitalmouse
I don't know anything about virus's or if my virus protector is even good at all but when i first got on byond i down loaded zeta source files im not proud of it, i didn't know any better but anyway my virus protector thingy detected one in a icon file bigbang attack, anyway i don't know if it even is a virus or not, i have a PC-cillian i have no idea what's good or not I think it came with my comp, it's probably laughable.

Hendrix
In response to Hendrix
Hendrix wrote:
i have a PC-cillian
Hendrix

No no no!!

Quickly get rid of that god forsaken Anti-Virus program, I severely hope that you do as I say and get rid of it right now, because the whole reason of me wanting you to get rid of it is because it will cause you more harm than good!

PC-Cillin is filled with Virus' and I know this from personal use. I have advised quite a chunk of Real-Life friends not to use this and online friends too... Not to mention I got afew systems back to stability from ridding them of PC-Cillin.

I advise you get AVG Anti-Virus, as soon as possible. Uninstall PC-Cillin. Install AVG Anti-Virus, do a complete scan, within this complete scan you will find out that your computer is more of less filled with virus'.

The virus count will range from 40+, so, if you are a wise enough person, take my advice and do as I ask. Otherwise, it will be your own loss... Literally.

--Lee
Well, I hate this virus thing anyway always scanning and stuff without asking me. And since I got your attention last night every program I had open had an error and shut down said it was some kernel thing, I don't know if that means anything but thought I should at least ask..I guess I should get rid of it then ty for you advise!
In response to Hendrix
Hendrix wrote:
Well, I hate this virus thing anyway always scanning and stuff without asking me. And since I got your attention last night every program I had open had an error and shut down said it was some kernel thing, I don't know if that means anything but thought I should at least ask..I guess I should get rid of it then ty for you advise!

It's ok matey :)

If I see someone I can help out I try my best to help them, whereas if I have a slim chance of helping someone I still try to help even if I am not of much assistance...

When you get your own AVG Anti-Virus program from GriSoft, then I can happily say that it will sap all of the virus' currently situated on your computer, or at least I can say that with a positive 99% guarantee.

As for the Kernel, I think it may have something to do with your PC-Cillin, but, considering I have never seen a Kernel error I wouldn't really know.

--Lee
Jinjo21 wrote:
To everyone:
It was brought to my attention today that there has been
a virus going around that norton does not detect. This file is a variant of the Trojan/NetDevil15 virus. Sophos picked it up while i was looking at it. Do not download this file. Do not accept this file from anyone. I do not know why Norton does not pick it up. But several people that i know have downloaded this file. The file can be found at:

www.chaosvisions.com/Other/ByondCheater.exe

If anyone knows who leads/programs for chaos visions you may want to post. These kind of things could ruin byond!!

-jinjo21

O.o ok this ticks me off. First me and someone messing up my petting zoo demo and now this. At least these cheaters and virii makers would have the decency to join together in a group and share ideas. :P

Marshal law should be declared on byond and I will personally go through ever dmb and zip file to find virii/trojant and then delete the c drive of the auther. :)
thank god petting zoo demo is gone or I would be deleting my own c drive.
hy i know who might have something to do with the virus going around X-champ might have something to do with it he said he sent michale a virus
Heh my friend has PC cillian and his comp always crashes. I told him that's his problem. Thanks lee for helping us out. Also my school uses AVG so I guess it's got to be pretty good if it can beat norten and mcaffee
Jinjo21 wrote:
As i stated before i use sophos. I was just telling you guys that norton does not pick it up.
In response to Unowuero
Unowuero wrote:
Heh my friend has PC cillian and his comp always crashes. I told him that's his problem. Thanks lee for helping us out. Also my school uses AVG so I guess it's got to be pretty good if it can beat norten and mcaffee

No worries matey, I am content with helping out when I can ^_^

--Lee
In response to Green Lime
O.o ok this ticks me off. First me and someone messing up my petting zoo demo and now this. At least these cheaters and virii makers would have the decency to join together in a group and share ideas. :P

The cheaters are full of hot air, and the "virus makers" wouldn't know assembly code if it smacked them in the face and shouted "Hey, look at me, I'm assembly code!"