All we're doing is setting TCP_NODELAY, and only on certain connections (basically just the server and the client).

Honestly I don't see how it's possible to cause congestion collapse unless a massive amount of packets are being transferred back and forth, and that isn't the case. There definitely is a network issue happening for you, but the collapse you mention would entail all of your connections being extremely fragile to begin with.
I'm very sure that contention collapse is occurring - during the peak hours, I'm unable to log on to any games and the pager isn't working.

During off hours, I can basically download everything and play normally.

Also, very large amounts of packets are sent to transfer large files - especially video streams for ads and game downloads, which can be as large as 15-30+mb. AND, since you're most likely not using a distributed server model for the pager connections, these transfers are being sent back and forth from ONE server to THOUSANDS of other players. Thus, you have your massive amount of packets being sent and received.

I think you guys should look into what's causing this - if this was only on my end, this entire forum wouldn't mainly consist of posts similar to my own. There's something wrong with the pager - please find and fix the issue.

I double checked with my ISP - they're absolutely not doing anything with BYOND's stuff. They said the only thing which gets throttled are P2P client connections like torrent downloads. So the fault isn't on their side (which is why every other application other than BYOND is working perfectly).

Also, my connections to other games and applications are seamless - this only occurs with BYOND.

I think you guys should look into what's causing this - It isn't just a problem on my end, this entire forum is littered with posts from people who have problems with your pager.

I think it's unrealistic to blame the problems with the pager on poor networking or something being wrong with their systems (which is basically the reply to every single post complaining about the pager) - reliability is a big concern for any system, especially one which is used by a very big user base.

You're losing a lot of people who could potentially be interested in BYOND (and DM Based Dev) simply because it doesn't work.
The ads do not come from us, nor from the games you're connecting to. The hub, the game host, and the ad server are all different entities. You're having problems with the game hosts, and the only common denominator is your ISP. I can't rule out another issue entirely, but all the evidence says your ISP is dropping connections.

Again, this isn't actually the pager having these connection issues--it's Dream Seeker, launched by the pager. The other posts you're referring to are from pager-specific issues, and about 90% of the recent ones were from people who changed their system locale and screwed up basic file access.

I definitely take your concerns seriously, though everything you've said keeps pointing back to your ISP. Only you and your friends are affected by this. It happens on every game, not just a few. Those are the big clues.
It suddenly stopped bombing out and is working perfectly for now. Weird.
Well, I'm glad it's working fine now. Hopefully it won't happen again.
fuck someone help im having the same problem happening to me, i try everything at this point but no matter what i do,or what game i play it keep disconneting me
i use an window 8 and wifi
@Emir

Try going to your region options and making sure English (United States) is installed.

Then click on the ENG (or button next to time) on the bottom right of your screen and select English (United States)

Restart your PC, then try running the pager again.
i think that work.....but i think it the same thing that happen to you......it just started working again
Page: 1 2