ID:1906855

So I just got Windows 10.. NO REGRETS!

Here!
I installed my free upgrade this morning. No big complaints from me yet.
One question:

If I have Windows 7, why would I want to upgrade anyway?
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
One question:

If I have Windows 7, why would I want to upgrade anyway?

Because 10 > 7. Am I the only one still using Windows 2000?
Makes me want to upgrade my desktop. Sexy ass processor and an over abundance of ram. Yes!
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Makes me want to upgrade my desktop. Sexy ass processor and an over abundance of ram. Yes!

Thanks. :) I am doing another processor upgrade to the successor fx-8350. You should see my servers O.O
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
Lavenblade wrote:

Thanks. :) I am doing another processor upgrade to the successor fx-8350. You should see my servers O.O

Wew, mine works great, but I'd be in love with something that powerful. After I putchase my new laptops I'll be buying new parts. Starting with a new mobo, case, and power supply.
If any of you are interesting in making an ISO for Windows 10, it'll help if installing it across multiple machines you can use this official tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/ windows10ISO
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
If any of you are interesting in making an ISO for Windows 10, it'll help if installing it across multiple machines you can use this official tool.

Why not use a ghost system on a domain off a personal server? :) OH How the hell are you old friend?
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

Why not use a ghost system on a domain off a personal server?

Hah well, average users won't, USb is a better option :P

:) OH How the hell are you old friend?

Good thank you :)

I've been having issues getting it to install, Windows Update is giving me an error after it gets about halfway through the processing part after the file downloads, and the setup program is giving me 'Something went wrong' with no indication as to what went wrong, smooth, Microsoft, smooth.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I've been having issues getting it to install, Windows Update is giving me an error after it gets about halfway through the processing part after the file downloads, and the setup program is giving me 'Something went wrong' with no indication as to what went wrong, smooth, Microsoft, smooth.

I had this issue too, except it wouldn't even download the files. Using the tool ATHK linked is best. Upgrade from that, don't use the USB method yet.

After that is done, from what I've read Microsoft will remember you computer, even if you wipe your hard drive.

Supposedly, after the upgrade is complete you are free to create a USB boot. Format your hard drive, install the OS, then create a recovery partition once updates are complete.

I've already completed the upgrade part with the tool. I'll be creating a USB boot option so that I can have a clean copy of it running.

http://lifehacker.com/ how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-1720775893
The tool ATHK used is what I referred to as the 'setup program', haven't even considered using the USB method. I've tried lots of things to fix it, no go so far but I'm still working towards it.

Annoying having to download the files every time I try though, way to cache things, MS.
Damn, let us know if you figure out a workaround.
Tool is working fine for me, downloading Windows 10 Home, 64bit from a Windows 7 machine..
I get about 22% into the full-screen 'Windows 10 is installing' window and I get this oh so descriptive error message:

I've tried everything I can find about resolving it, including installing every available Windows Update, including optional ones, removing my anti-virus entirely, wiping the Windows Update DataStore and Downloads directories, and running the Windows Update troubleshooters.

With Windows Update I get the "0x80070003" error, which has tons of solutions (most of them being what I tried above), no luck.

About to say screw it and stick with Windows 8.1.
You "upgrading" or doing a fresh install?

Did the Windows 10 updater icon have any incompatibility notices?
He has to upgrade before he can preform a fresh install, unless he's paying for it.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
He has to upgrade before he can preform a fresh install, unless he's paying for it.

Not if you're using the .. ISO lol

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/ windows-10-clean-install-using-media-creation-tool#slide-0-f ield_images-57241
I'm upgrading, not doing a clean install. I definitely don't want a clean install. The updater said I was totally compatible when I reserved my copy last month.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6