Sword Art Online

by Kboy33
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online! Play to the death!
ID:1906857

Poll: Did you like this update overview?

Yes 33% (5)
No 33% (5)
What are these strawberries doing on my nipples? I need them for my fruit salad. 33% (5)

The polls are now closed.

So I've been making a lot of progress these past few days even though I don't have as much time as I'd like work on the game. I figure I'd let you guys go ahead and know what will be in the game skill wise so you can make a little chart in your head about what it is you want to do when the game is released if you have any questions about any of the skills let me know. For convenience sake I've fused some skills together such as blunt weapon crafting, thrusting weapon crafting, all into weapon smith:

One-Handed Sword - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
One-Handed Dagger - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
One-Handed Rapier - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
One-Handed War Hammer - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
One-Handed Curved Blade - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
Two-Handed Straight Sword - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
Two-Handed Assault Spear - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
Two-Handed Battle Axe - Finished Basic System/Skills started.
Blade Throwing - Finished Basic System. Skill done.
Light Metal Equipment - Finished Basic System.
Lightweight Shield Equipment - Finished Basic System.
Leather equipment - Finished Basic System.
Heavy Metal equipment - Finished Basic System.
Parry - Finished Basic System.
Searching - Finished Basic System/Skill done. > Sub-Skill Tracking - Not done.
Straining - Finished Basic System/Skills not done.
Hiding - Finished Basic System.
Sprint - Finished Basic System.
Armor smith - Finished Basic System.
Weapon smith - Finished Basic System.
Leather Working - Finished Basic System.
Resource Refining - Not done.
Drug Mixing - Finished Basic System.
Equipment Appraisal - Not done.
Bartering - Not done.
Picking - Finished Basic System.
Cooking - Finished Basic System.
Gardening - Not done.
Fishing - Not done.
Howl - Not done.
Fighting Spirit - Not done.
Emergency Recovery - Not done.
Battle Healing - Finished Basic System.
Extended Weight Limit - Finished Basic System.
??? - Hidden Skill
??? - Hidden Skill
??? - Hidden Skill
-------------------------------------------------------------
Equipping items/using items in inventory. - Finished Basic System.
Trading systems - Not done.
Combat - Finished Basic System.

Originally I was going to make it so you were forced to pick 1 weapon type and 1 armor type at the beginning of the game, however, I did not want to force people who did not want to focus on combat to "waste" skill points on those two forcibly. I've decided to leave it where players have to choose carefully where they spend their skill points they gain because there is no redo.

*As you guys can see I'm doing quite a bit, and I haven't even listed all of it with this, but I try to finish at least 1-4 systems a day. Alpha will be released when 1st floor is done completely. It will be closed Alpha. Beta I'm still debating on it being open or closed, but it will be when at least 5-10 floors are finished completely. The official release will come when all the main bugs or game changing bugs are found and dealt with if there are any.

That's all for this update! I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Edit: Lets keep it civil guys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s). As I said before(if you read the previous post I made) I lost the source and basically had to start from square one again. I can't put as much time as I would like to into this game. We are lacking mappers/iconners so that department is lagging behind. No one is getting paid for this, this is all because it's something we enjoy doing, and want other people to enjoy as well. I know a lot of people are looking for that update that finally says "First floor complete" and for that alpha to be launched. But, I do not want to give you guys a half-baked game with half-baked features and functions. I'm really taking my time on each and every skill and thinking about how to make the environment work to where players can have advantages or disadvantages depending on positioning and skills. I don't want the classic byond "run around attack wait for cooldowns run around some more" type of gameplay. That being said, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the end results! :)
Ganite wrote:
Another unpromising update cool.

Says the guy who quits his INCREDIBLE projects every month.
Lavenblade wrote:
Let's not start a war here, boys. I'm just trying to influence positive posting.

It's true though, all he's done so far is ripping NNG/Dragon Ball games, talking about games which he never finished, and hurting newer developers' feelings.
Lets keep it civil guys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s). As I said before(if you read the previous post I made) I lost the source and basically had to start from square one again. I can't put as much time as I would like to into this game. We are lacking mappers/iconners so that department is lagging behind. No one is getting paid for this, this is all because it's something we enjoy doing, and want other people to enjoy as well. I know a lot of people are looking for that update that finally says "First floor complete" and for that alpha to be launched. But, I do not want to give you guys a half-baked game with half-baked features and functions. I'm really taking my time on each and every skill and thinking about how to make the environment work to where players can have advantages or disadvantages depending on positioning and skills. I don't want the classic byond "run around attack wait for cooldowns run around some more" type of gameplay. That being said, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the end results! :)
Twaon what is this!?! And you did not tell me? I am hurt D: