ID:1907789

Hi, I found this extremely useful topic about how to perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10 (

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/ windows_10-win_upgrade/ how-to-perform-a-clean-install-using-reset-this-pc/ 6f6335fc-8d15-4598-af16-033d1d8c16bf
)

1st. I go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Reset

2nd. I get these 2 options: "Keep my files" and "Remove everything".

(I click in the second one)

3rd. I get to choose between 2 options: "Reset all drives" and "Reset drive where windows is installed". Which one is equivalent to the old "Just remove my files" option ? (Just Remove my Files option -> is quicker and recommended if you just want a fresh start and you plan to keep the computer)

Thanks as always for your attention

Hug

MistY
Clearly it would be "Keep my files".
The second option removes everything and the third removes everything on the drive that the OS is on (that is how I read it anyway).
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
Clearly it would be "Keep my files".
The second option removes everything and the third removes everything on the drive that the OS is on (that is how I read it anyway).

I think you didn't understand what I said at all (Probably my fault, sorry).
The point of doing a clean install is to get the best of your OS. That means that I want all my files/apps to be deleted.

1st You have to choose if u want to keep your personal files or if u want everything to be deleted. Like I said before I want to delete everything so I'll choose the second option. AFTER that there will be a NEW screen displaying 2 MORE options: "Just Remove My Files" and "Remove files and Clean the drive". The problem is that instead of those "just remove my files" and "remove files and clean the drive" I get these options "Reset all drives" and "Reset drive where windows is installed". I was just asking which one of those last 2 options ("Reset all drives" and "Reset drive where windows is installed") is equivalent to the old "Just remove my files"

Thanks for the fast reply :)
Probably the second one.
For example, a proper HDD setup is when it is split for OS and data storage. I don't understand their wording, though. By "reset all drives" it is clearly saying to reset all storage, right? By "reset drive where windows is installed" they are saying they will only reset the drive that windows is installed on, including the data on it, but not other drives? What if the drive is one drive split into two?

Perhaps you need a more technical answer from someone who is familiar with it, for we can only go based on stipulations laid out by their vague wording.

Personally, I would choose the second one and hope for the best or seek out more information from more informed sources. Another option is to not upgrade at all! :)

Good luck.
I will post in the Microsoft forums. But thanks buddy :D
In response to Misticone
Windows 10 is hardware serialized, Just use the media tool given by microsoft to make a dvd or usb flashdrive/pen drive of windows 10 then put the it in your computer and reinstall windows 10 in your computer using the clean install instead of the upgrade, when it asks for serial just click skip, when your all in and on the screen go-to to the activation area in the control panel and click activate and your pc will activate.

Note: This only works for people who are already activated on windows 10.
In response to DistantWorld101
DistantWorld101 wrote:
Windows 10 is hardware serialized, Just use the media tool given by microsoft to make a dvd or usb flashdrive/pen drive of windows 10 then put the it in your computer and reinstall windows 10 in your computer using the clean install instead of the upgrade, when it asks for serial just click skip, when your all in and on the screen go-to to the activation area in the control panel and click activate and your pc will activate.

Note: This only works for people who are already activated on windows 10.

So in other words, it doesn't help anyone who *actually* needs that function. :)

I'm just going to forget about Win10 and pretend it doesn't exist, just like I did with Vista (and we know how that turned out). I bet Win10 crumbles and microsoft caves, releasing Win11 as a non-service OS within a year or two and even if they don't F em, I'll just go to Ubuntu or something. Games are becoming increasingly boring, I am getting older and just use the PC for developing now mainly.
Developing what?

I just hope you aren't developing games. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I just feel that it would be a sad world if game developers kept developing games when games are becoming more and more boring for them.

As for Windows 10...alright then, just stick with 7/8, or another OS. If you feel like Microsoft is against us all and don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 then that is fine. Not everyone shares that view, though. Making people aware of your beliefs is...alright, just don't become that guy trying to preach to everyone in every thread about the evils of Microsoft. Nobody wants that guy. :P