In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
It's my job to make your games good.

Dunno who hired you, but they fucked up.
Yea the game is more pvp related with RPG elements, we already planned to make the user fall when touching the clouds but we made it more of a choice matter then something easy and annoying to fall on because the main focus is PVP. I don't think the corners matter to much so prob won't end up with a change.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:
All in all, if you have the time and capability to improve something in a game you are apart of you should do it otherwise it shows you as lazy and not ambitious to improve, lol.

Not always, developers have to prioritize their work load.

This thread went from showing off a screenshot to a big argument over how snake way looks. Give your opinion and lay off, I'm so sick of seeing this crap.

Lugia, I understand you have your opinions, I really do- but come on... Ganite is a novice developer, not a professional. You can't expect professional quality from someone who is under-qualified.

With all due respect, Ganite is trying to improve to become a better developer while also trying to create his own vision. We need more people doing this here on BYOND, we don't need to sit around and over extend a pointless debate such as snake way.

Sorry for stating my opinion, didn't mean to offend you. :)
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
Lavenblade wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:
All in all, if you have the time and capability to improve something in a game you are apart of you should do it otherwise it shows you as lazy and not ambitious to improve, lol.

This thread went from showing off a screenshot to a big argument over how snake way looks. Give your opinion and lay off, I'm so sick of seeing this crap.

Lugia, I understand you have your opinions, I really do- but come on... Ganite is a novice developer, not a professional. You can't expect professional quality from someone who is under-qualified.

With all due respect, Ganite is trying to improve to become a better developer while also trying to create his own vision. We need more people doing this here on BYOND, we don't need to sit around and over extend a pointless debate such as snake way.

Let's not lie here... you were trying to offend me lol.
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
Lavenblade wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:

Only the first line was directed at you. I'm not offended at all, don't worry. :P
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:
Lavenblade wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:

Let's not lie here... you were trying to offend me lol.

You honestly believe that? If I was going to offend you, you'd know. That was constructive criticism in hopes you'd look upon it and learn from it and then improve.
I do not personally believe Edit Nero was trying to offend you, UPD4T3.

They simply stated that they believe if you have the time and the ability to improve something, you should. Which is partially true in game development. You want your project to have content, optimization, professional polish, etc.

I was just saying that it may not be the case all the time. Sometimes you have deadlines and need to prioritize your work. For example, Ganite not spending the extra time on snake-way will allow him to get something else done with higher importance.

Sometimes giving up something minor that won't really make a huge difference is better in order to get extra time in something that's more important, like AI or Combat.
I like the snake, no real complaints.

Although I agree with Lugia's general point - that you should want to do better if at all possible when it comes to making a game (especially a fan-game, if you're trying to get away from the stigma) - I don't think he went about communicating that ideal the right way. There wouldn't be over five pages of nonsense had Lugia simply suggested and backed off after it was said that they plan on improving later (or not at all).

Priorities do come first, so I wouldn't worry about something as insignificant as Snake Way. If you guys were to change it, I'd say go simpler, something similar to the first screenshot in Kaiochao's post.

Lugia's point should always be be considered though by anyone hoping to produce a game that isn't lackluster.
I don't need lessons that involve calling me lazy and unambitious, it's insulting to me as an artist and a person, the rest (diagnol pathways) I absolutely agree with.

This thread is dead, thank you all that critiqued the actual piece of artwork that I posted.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6