ID:190876

Webhosting:

80 megs of space

yourname.nadrew.com

PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP support(maybe more I haven't tested them all)

1 free MySQL database (all addtional databases are 50 BYONDimes extra a month)

FTP access to your site

1 [email protected] email address with 40 megs of storage space

10 [email protected] email forwarders

99.9% uptime (sometimes down for upgrades, or reboots)

Sorry, I cannot offer gamehosting, or shell access.

Free tech. support

(I'm working on a form to submit entries for these later, but for now just email me: [email protected], I'll email you back with the info I need)

Entries are limited so act now!

---
Total: 80 BYONDimes a month
In response to Nadrew
Quite expensive. =p Next deposit, I'll consider.
In response to Hanns
Actually I have been considering it, it is not that expensive compared to other host servers. Problem is right now i cannot afford to pay unless I can use Bilpoint (the new Ebay payment scheme) which allows Solo cards.
In response to Hanns
Hanns wrote:
Quite expensive.

$8 a month? You'll have enough space that unlessyou plan on adding MP3's and illegal Warez you'll probably never run out of space.
A e-mail address with 40 megs storage space (Hmmm, Hotmail 2 megs seems shameful now...). Perl, PHP, CGI and ASP support.
If I had the $8's worth of BYONDimes a month Id get it in a second.
If you know about making websites, and trying to use free hosts like Geocities you'd jump on this if you had the chance.
-DogMan
In response to Maz
The only thing I can accept is BYONDimes, because Pay Pal doesn't allow you to transfer money to people unless you have a checking account or credit card, which neither my parents nor I have, so I'm stuck.
In response to Dog Man
MP3s are only accepted if they're legal, I check all hosted sites once a week for illegal files (viewing the files not the site).
In response to Nadrew
If you were to provide BYOND game hosting, that would be a sweet deal Nadrew...you might want to consider approaching your hosting colleagues about that...
In response to digitalmouse
I could do it if I wanted, but I'm too stupid when it comes to shell commands I can't get byond installed =P.
In response to Nadrew
Get some help. BYOND hosting is in high demand since regular servers don't support it.
In response to Foomer
I've tried, it's pretty confusing, since my host is a lazy person, I don't even think he installed the "unzip" operation to the shell.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Get some help.

Easier said than done. As you may have noticed, I've addressed the issue many times, and still have some problems.

There really needs to be a step-by-step idiot-proof tutorial (for us idiots) in setting up a Windows or Linux hosting server. *Then* you'll see more people being able to host!
In response to Nadrew
If you can only accept byondimes your gunna loose like $.80 per withdrawl...
In response to Jacro
Who said I would withdraw, period?
In response to Nadrew
I just figured this hosting service was to make money...
In response to Nadrew
You might want to check it randomly, instead of on a set basis. Otherwise people would just remove files while you check out the sites for illegal files.
In response to Jacro
It is... he just doesn't take take it out. He uses it for other services on BYOND.
In response to Garthor
It is random, but at least once a week.