Collisions calculate the bottomleft and topright pixel and generate a rectangular bounding box between them. It's fairly accurate except for in diagonals.
What if you did a whole circle?
Crescent length currently maxes out at a half circle, but if the limit were removed it would just shoot a chakram shaped projectile out in a similar direction.
Game of Thrones Board Game update - been pretty smothered with real work recently, so development has progressed slowly. That said, there has been progress almost every day since the last update, and I now just have Garrison Units (non-moveable soldiers at home-bases and key NPC territories) and Ports (from the revised version of the board game) left to add.

After that there's about two weeks worth of testing to do before it'll be ready for Beta testing.

Assuming I only have ~10-20 hours of overtime to do each week, and that my month-old daughter doesn't affect my sleep any more than she currently does (yay for 12 hour workdays on 3 hours of sleep!), expect Beta Testing to begin late April.

Feed is still progressing slowly! Lately been balancing and debugging a new stun mechanic. More info soon!
I don't know if I've said this before, but Ter13 is a God. This post has changed my life.

The game is now playable at any sensible resolution, and completely resizable.

I know it doesn't look like much, but this was all done in a 40 minute lunch, and I've never used regex or "commands" before.

To whisper to someone you just type "@playername" and then your message. Can't remember their name? Type a few characters of it and hit Tab and the game will autocomplete it for you!

In response to Ease
Have you considered 'sending a Raven' as a method of IC communication?
I had indeed! In short: right now I'm aiming to faithfully recreate the exact board-game with minimal graphics/jazz, just to make it playable.

Once that is complete I have a large list of miniature expansions that I want to add, all toggleable in the Lobby. These include such ideas as:
  • Figureheads representing the players' eyes, so you can see where your opponents are currently looking/freak out people by looking at their territory
  • Animated battles
  • Delayed messages carried across the map by Raven
  • Fog-of-war
  • Spies (to see through Fog-of-War when your armies aren't present)
  • Dragon army pieces
  • Redoing the Wildlings so they represent more of a threat to the North, and buffing the Starks so that it's still about fair
  • The Targaryen Arrival
  • Political side-game (which occurs within the larger game: to represent things like characters being poisoned, imprisoned, beheaded, and even worse: politically outmaneuvered)
In response to Ease
Eventual switch to BYOND Crusader Kings II confirmed.

Also, http://www.byond.com/developer/Forum_account/FogofWar
I'm excited!
In response to Bumblemore
I'm rattled!
Hi rattled and excited, I'm Dad!
Hey guys. This is a project I'm working on, Untitled (because it's untitled!). As per my written design plan it's a roleplaying game centered around combating other players and creatures, commerce by carting trade goods from city to city, and survival. I'm still new to programming so I work slow, but I hope to introduce my tidbit to BYOND's gaming community.

And of course, opinions and advice for design and implementation are always welcomed (skype: [email protected]).

select the YouTube logo at the bottom right to view the video expanded
It's slow work on Z Tactics as of late. The development is mostly whenever we have time, but we have a few things complete since we last showed it off.

An upcoming boss. It'll be the first featured boss battle in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/xN25M54.gifv
We've also started work on NPC companions, which is a full overhaul of the combat system. It's a little here and there but the concept is visible. NPCs will be purchasable from vendors or unlocked via achievements. You can fully customize them with weapons, armor, skins..etc. They additionally level up with you, so you can train that slime you found at level 1 all the way up until level 99.
Paradoxus is coming along.

In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:

In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

This is for thoughs 3-4 Inchs Mobile screens right? cause ain't no one going to play a game that small on no desktop xD
In response to Atol Soldier
Atol Soldier wrote:
YURIRAMOS wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:

Page: 1 2 3 ... 269 270 271 272 273 ... 349 350 351