In response to Rushnut
Ah, well see stuff like that I hope to implement later on through various things like explosions blowing their legs off, and such.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
i quit game dev myself
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
Ganite wrote:
i quit game dev myself

ganites talking nonsense hes gonna show up soon like play DVO
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
Ah, well see stuff like that I hope to implement later on through various things like explosions blowing their legs off, and such.

Sure that's a great idea, but there would still be some who lost their legs before they were found, right? Maybe a lost arm here and there. They can be whole for the most part, until they get exploded, but there should be a few outliers. Just makes it look a lot less samey.
This is all I'll show before Pre-Alpha.

Untitled
@ShinRae: Yeah, I think changing the animation to be more zombie-like and adding more clothing variety will be one of the most helpful steps toward that.

Thank you, though! Glad to hear you like it.

@Rushnut: That's true. I think it's just less apparent to me because I have the final vision in my head with all the different clothes, genders, children, enemy types, possibly dogs (BIG IFFY), etc so it didn't seem as important. I'll work that in later, though!

Also, since I mentioned it before here is an early image of molotov usage in Hunger!

I'm still cleaning things up a bit, and getting proper reactions from enemies in, but flashbangs and molotovs are almost complete now. I already have a pistol, shotgun, and m16 in the game so I'm about to add in a grenade launcher real quick to fully round it out, and then it's on to enemy types as I mentioned before.
In response to Pokemon Entertainment
Pokemon Entertainment wrote:
This is all I'll show before Pre-Alpha.

Untitled

That chat text is the most tedious task to read. And I don't know if you're holding back or not, (I'm gonna assume you aren't because tbh I've seen little to nothing but very vague screenies of this game) I think yall might be jumping the gun to pre alpha a few months too soon.
Get rid of those input() and alert() prompts, make your own instead, they look really gumpy. I hate them in general. Also that font is atrocious to read, and I'd recommend putting a background behind it when there's text to be read, something like alpha 120 black, and then white text, or whatever works.

Art looks really nice!
I understand you're holding back, but I'd imagine the text is as it'll be so if I may I'd like to suggest...

1: Maybe alter the characters name in the text to be a different color, or underscored, or maybe just the only bold text.

2: Maybe make the spoken text not bold and/or a slightly larger font size or possibly even change all texts font to something clearer.

That aside, the walk and run animation does seem pretty smooth. I definitely like that! The art style I'd say has potential, can't say much more till I see more.

I'm guessing the current inputs and other pop ups are temporary? I wouldn't ask, but some people do still keep those so it's harder to tell.

Either way, keep on pressing forward, and I hope your alpha goes well!
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
Kozuma couldn't continue his project Eureka and needed money, so I bought the source from him about a year and a half ago.
We picked up this project in August and since then we've added a lot, including the enemies shown in that gif.

Kozuma on perm kos list now.

Edit: Hopefully eureka can actually be continued with renewed vigor.
In response to Toddab503
The chat and input() are fillers. I like some of your ideas though I'll keep that in mind, thank you!
no pictures or nothing so not gonna SHOW WHAT I GOT. But I can tell you guys I've been making changes to how my DBZ game is setup. Yes its still DBZ but I've changed the style of the game. Not gonna give much more info then that cause then I'll see all the new DBZ games that popped up out of nowhere trying to do the same :). Was doing the idea before a post Kats made but its not a MOBA or anything.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
no pictures or nothing so not gonna SHOW WHAT I GOT. But I can tell you guys I've been making changes to how my DBZ game is setup. Yes its still DBZ but I've changed the style of the game. Not gonna give much more info then that cause then I'll see all the new DBZ games that popped up out of nowhere trying to do the same :). Was doing the idea before a post Kats made but its not a MOBA or anything.

using spirias source good job ganite. I'm looking forward to your new work of art
I'm not lol. But my friend did buy SPIRIA's source he has different plans for it.. Now hopefully I can trust that Ishuri doesn't continue to sell the art...
guess i can share a screenshot

Pokemon Entertainment wrote:
You're obviously too retarded to read what I said so I'm not going to respond to you anymore.

.... well anyways i hope your alphas ready its ok if you want to hold off on it. tell Aeon to copy some more art and make more mock ups so you can post those they look more promising than your video
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
I'm not lol. But my friend did buy SPIRIA's source he has different plans for it.. Now hopefully I can trust that Ishuri doesn't continue to sell the art...

if you say sooooooooooooooo. put out DVO already and that spiria source your working on so we have something else to be excited for
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
We should be unveiling a new project within a couple weeks. I guess I'll start posting new things we're working on here.

Anyone know of a better gif capture software?

Keep it up :)
soon lol i've been moving slow motivation for game dev been really low last 2 months... If my world designer finishes these maps i need I can have DVO up soon.. hopefully! But until then you should go try Rampage or Ki Warriors?
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
soon lol i've been moving slow motivation for game dev been really low last 2 months... If my world designer finishes these maps i need I can have DVO up soon.. hopefully! But until then you should go try Rampage or Ki Warriors?

DVO for best dbz 2015
Page: 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 349 350 351