In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
agar.io is a blast.

feed.io would be better ;)
It's still August but I've already been struck by Halloween fever. My favorite time of year is upon us!

Feed:
- blood now spreads and puddles after hitting the ground.
- ambient lighting threshold now defined on a per map basis.
- player spotlights have been improved and cleaned up.
- finished reimplementing thrown projectiles to the new setup.
- thrown projectiles now arc through the air.
- added purple and blue portals.
- portals can now only teleport between portals of the same color.
- explosion chains are now synced up.
- a few aesthetic tweaks added.
In response to Kidpaddle45
As much as I'm disappointed this is a pokemon game, each to their own and that level of detail and general aesthetic style in the mapping is absolutely fantastic. Honestly some of the best design and execution, at least from the few small screen shots I've gotten here, that I've seen in a game since Land of fire. And before LoF is pretty much nothing. Keep up the great work, hopefully you can eventually transition it into unique and original projects.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
As much as I'm disappointed this is a pokemon game, each to their own and that level of detail and general aesthetic style in the mapping is absolutely fantastic. Honestly some of the best design and execution, at least from the few small screen shots I've gotten here, that I've seen in a game since Land of fire. And before LoF is pretty much nothing. Keep up the great work, hopefully you can eventually transition it into unique and original projects.

Thank you very much, means a lot to me. The game was actually started a long time ago, you can see the date created on the hub. I stopped working on it when I realised the amount of work I'd put in wouldn't be rewarded since it's a fan-game and that at worse, the game could actually get shutdown...But after getting a certain email from the creator of "indiedb.com" (I posted the game on indiedb to advertise outside of BYOND, I got a little pumped to just release the game instead of keeping it roaming on my hard drive after seeing the game being in the "top 10" page of indiedb (and still is: http://www.indiedb.com/games?sort=ranktoday-asc ). I created a little tool in DM allowing me to extract Pokedex information (which were in a text file) to DM-code in a certain template. It saved me a lot of time and effort I'd never put into a project i cant make money from.

I promise my next project will be a completely original game. :)

With that said, here is another screenshot of the new char customization screen:
would have been even better if you released during that pokemon go hype
lol who would play it if Pokemon GO had just came out.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
It's still August but I've already been struck by Halloween fever. My favorite time of year is upon us!

Feed:
- blood now spreads and puddles after hitting the ground.
- ambient lighting threshold now defined on a per map basis.
- player spotlights have been improved and cleaned up.
- finished reimplementing thrown projectiles to the new setup.
- thrown projectiles now arc through the air.
- added purple and blue portals.
- portals can now only teleport between portals of the same color.
- explosion chains are now synced up.
- a few aesthetic tweaks added.

Yuuusssssss.
Since everyone's posting gifs; :P

Poke MON MON MON!
Speaking of Pokémon clones, this is a project I haven't had time for lately, but worked on for a week over my Uni holidays.

I have no idea how skins work, really, so it's all using client images and objects.
In response to Zuhayr
You're not missing much. Screen objects are virtually always a better alternative to skin elements.
In response to Zuhayr
God damn that shit is sexy and screen objects is the way to go.
yeah well you guys keep using your inferior screen objs and skins, i'll still to my tried and true stat panels

shouts out travy for the Heath Bar.

this is for this game: http://www.byond.com/games/DarkMoonProductions/ GunryoShukumei

which I'm currently working on.
In response to Zuhayr
Zuhayr wrote:
Speaking of Pokémon clones, this is a project I haven't had time for lately, but worked on for a week over my Uni holidays.

I have no idea how skins work, really, so it's all using client images and objects.

Wow that looks great!!
Well, it's not finished or particularly playable currently - only the battle system is really in a fleshed-out state. I don't have any plans to monetize the game and I'm not likely to get time to finish it anytime soon.
In response to Zuhayr
It looks fantastic. I'd play the tits off of it.
I like the colors gives it a darker tone for pokemon. The shading how ever is a bit messy just needs some cleaning.. but good job !
In response to Xyberman
None of the rear icons are finished - like I said, it was a week project, it's not exactly polished.

There seems to be a bit of confusion so I'll note that the source is available here licensed under MIT.

If anyone's keen on contributing to it or developing for it, I will certainly look over PRs. There's also a discussion channel on Discord. I have a personal VPS that I can host the game on if people want to play with builds, just let me know somewhere so I can set it up.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 235 236 237 238 239 ... 349 350 351