In some pretty rough/early stages right now with my Krampus-themed game. In the screenshot, Krampus has one of the human players bound in his chains and is being dragged somewhere secluded to be killed before the other humans can free him.

If you spot someone wrapped in Krampus chains, you can interact with the chained-up person to free them. Or, just let them being taken away and killed and when they come back to life they'll return as one of his minions to kill you, so...teamwork helps.

---
Just decided to whip up a quick multiplayer thing while I take a break on all the massive coding work for Extinction II. I expect this Krampus thing to be playable super soon.


In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
You should sync up those platforms so that there isn't a need to wait if you've jumped successfully; either that, or add some sort of danger to distract from the waiting. A good rule of thumb in games is that the player should not have to just sit and wait if they have done what they were supposed to do, because sitting and waiting is boring and effectively punishment.

I'm trying to get that working. My only concern is that syncing them will require them to move at different speeds and that way cause problems with how they work.

I am also considering modifying the wait times at either end so they can move at the same speed, but will wait until the timing is right before moving again. I'll have to play around with it.

I may also attempt to get easing working for the movement. It all depends on how it plays in the end but option 2 (waiting) sounds like my best bet.

In response to Manio
Manio wrote:


In some pretty rough/early stages right now with my Krampus-themed game. In the screenshot, Krampus has one of the human players bound in his chains and is being dragged somewhere secluded to be killed before the other humans can free him.

If you spot someone wrapped in Krampus chains, you can interact with the chained-up person to free them. Or, just let them being taken away and killed and when they come back to life they'll return as one of his minions to kill you, so...teamwork helps.

---
Just decided to whip up a quick multiplayer thing while I take a break on all the massive coding work for Extinction II. I expect this Krampus thing to be playable super soon.


Looks neat!
In response to Yut Put
Yut Put wrote:
yut put is making a new game. it is on stream

this is probably late but what stream?
In response to Vegeta ssjj2
Vegeta ssjj2 wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
yut put is making a new game. it is on stream

this is probably late but what stream?

You'll have to ask yutput to ask yutput.
http://twitch.tv/yutput

ive been streaming around 5pm EST-10pm EST

if u want to play the game RN tho i could host it for you if you pm me im about to go to bed but i want to test a new feature
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
I'm trying to get that working. My only concern is that syncing them will require them to move at different speeds and that way cause problems with how they work.

You could always cheat. Set them in some initial position, and then implement some system that will only start them moving once the player comes into view. This would significantly reduce the amount of fiddling around you have to do to sync it up right.
While I haven't been able to work on it in a while—I had to withdraw from school yet again due to medical problems and start a search for a job—I put the current source code for my BigInt library up on GitHub. The link is here if anyone is interested in getting an idea of how the insides work (probably not).
In response to Pixelcomet
I actually don't notice anything wrong with the colors between the still image and the gif...

Then again, I'm also partially colorblind, so I guess I'm not a very good reference. 0_0
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just a WIP of a HUD I'm working on.
In response to Yut Put
bruh that UI m8
Many people are aware of the performance problems SS13 is famous for. Trying to sort that out has been a pet project of mine and several others for a really long time.

With that in mind I'd just like to say that... oh my god v510 is so good. SO. GOOD. BYOND is the best ever and Lummox is a hero. We were finally able to make some real progress with the new tick_usage feature.

Here's something we've cooked up to demonstrate it.
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=h6uZ52QRits&feature=youtu.be&t=5m37s

(if you aren't familiar with the game at all, even a couple explosions would easily lock it up before)
TIL about world.tick_usage

This shit is a godsend.
Been doing a lot! My biggest hurdle lately has been adding the framework for boss waves and incorporating the first of said bosses. This boss comes in the form of the Doppleganger! The doppleganger looks like regular players in most ways and will change it's appearance, name, and loadout to imitate active players. Pretty neat stuff to see in-game. I'll share more on this as I finish debugging and polishing things up. (;

Unrelated gifs.

R.I.P. The Box. (feat. Jaymon && Kozuma)

Just Kozzy doing mlg stuff.
In response to Kumorii
God damn it, Kumo.

Stop making your game look so pretty compared to my shite :(

lol doppleganger boss got nothin on me, seeing as i manage to kill every other player in the round every time regardless
Kozuma is a nudist #confirmed.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Kozuma is a nudist #confirmed.

I had to use them to clean up all the blood I lost after I broke the box :(
In response to Kozuma3
You should have killed kumoii and loot his clothes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 356 357 358

Login to reply.