In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Flick, mind adding a rotate option and a set-to-default (for the options) to Particons?

I'm hesitant to add much in the way of post processing stuff. These icons tend to be pretty big, and the way Byond handles changes to visible icons leads to a huge memory footprint and eventual crashing... Are you just wanting the ability to rotate the entire icon before saving it? I can definitely do that. I had a whole bunch of color/brightness/contrast stuff added (most of which is still in there, but unused) but it was causing memory crashes so I removed it from the UI.

A better look at airstrikes!
Spent a bit fixing some foo in Dargon warrior port. Mostly focused on generalizing a few things I found myself doing over and over.

Nearing the home stretch and I'm already starting to feel the end approaching. I've still got the title screen and character select to work out, and pretty much all of saving.

I also fixed the questionable addition of diagonal movement and added edge sliding. Diagonal movement used to let you pass through corners in some places. I've done away with that. Nothing big done today, just some issues where shops were charging the wrong price for things fixed and the outside and return spells were implemented finally.

The only spells I have left to finish are radiant and repel.

I also wrote the Nester quest line's logic. In the original game, Nester was just some random dude that was lost. In this version of the story, Nester plays a bit more of a central role and helps to move the story forward in a more accessible fashion.

NPCs gained a new script event today: onTrigger, which behaves exactly the same way that onInteract works, but it fires when the player steps on top of the NPC.

Tomorrow when I sit down to get some work done, I'll be adding two new commands to the NPC scripting language, which will allow events to start battles when interacted with as well as to teleport the player.

The NPCs also need two more script events: onFlag and onInitialize. onFlag will be fired whenever a flag that the NPC is listening to is changed for a given player in the NPC's region. onInitialize will be fired for every NPC in a region when a player enters that region.

I've written this entire thing in such a way that multiple players can play the game, even if it's utter nonsense for the game. I figure since this is a multiplayer engine, and this is meant to be a centerpiece of a tutorial, showing single-player game techniques very well could cause some problems.

The interesting consequence of this is that I've actually had to make NPCs dense or non-dense based on the player's ability to see them. More or less, phasing on a per-object basis.

I might actually host the game for a while after it's done just to see how many players it can support for funsies.
Yut Put wrote:

made this in 2 hours for fun/as an example to help out chance

it's a lot smoother than the framerate of the gif lol

Yut can i borrow ur expertise for something :3?
In response to Kumorii
I find the lack of boom boom pows ... disturbing.
Yut Put wrote:

made this in 2 hours for fun/as an example to help out chance

it's a lot smoother than the framerate of the gif lol

My 1st think - skyforge. Yut, why you don't create simple oRPG in oldschool climate with nice graphic? With your skill, you can find any pro graphic artists (i know about your skills)

Your skill... in 2 hours.. for fun?! - kurwa, this give you many possibilities.
I found a funny bug, in case you want to look at it. I was running around and rolling when I came across it. Run straight up on this wall and roll. If you attack right before rolling sometimes it doesn't happen. Great job on this btw, it feels very smooth.

Reminds me of water temple.
The BYOND Discord server now has a text channel specifically for showing off your BYOND developments.

https://discord.gg/0S5SIBRazEoDV2ag
In response to Bl4ck Adam
smex.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
smex.

OSHITNIGGERIGOTASTAR
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

Why is it you move at the same speed while in the air as you do on the ground O_O?
Moving in mist form is actually slower than moving on the ground. The .gif doesn't really show the differing speeds.
I meant when you jump. xD
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
smex.

OSHITNIGGERIGOTASTAR

O_O
In response to Kozuma3
you caught that 2?
In response to Ganite
I caught it too but didn't want to speak out about it because it's just so inappropriate
* Finally re-enabled the ability to exit towns now that the new teleporting system is in place.

* Placed the last town entry teleporter links.

* Rigged up a new method for tracking outside teleport locations. It's possible for it to become inaccurate in certain cases, but there are backup cases where the user has entered a cave without a restore point being active.

* Linked caves to the overworld map.

* Implemented area music. This took a while because my source material needed severe editing and conversion.

* All currently implemented non-stationary NPCS have been updated to the new wandering behavior.

* Cooked an awesome tofu green onion nori miso, and shrimp teriyaki with bella mushrooms and red, orange, and yellow bell peppers.

* Smoked a bowl.

* Engaged in shenanigans possibly involving handcuffs and a ball gag. Would have been better if the slip n' slide had been sprayed down with pam first.

Taking a break for a few hours, but I should make some more progress before the end of my day.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Why is it you move at the same speed while in the air as you do on the ground O_O?

If you give someone a way to move that is even one-billionth of a percent faster than the normal method of walking, they will do that 1000% of the time.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 349 350 351