In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Made some with a reduced tile size so the grid doesn't show. Screws up the tile placement a bit, but it still looks pretty good.
Click to enlarge
Added a few things in. Basic forests and some smaller towns within regions.

I'm gushing at the way this is generated.
Created this while offline a few weeks ago.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ytmyjw
Added equipment and inventory slots, changed the blue bar above health to yellow to represent stamina once added.

Made a pretty island with 2 small houses :3

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmbwpd
Finally started adding in some of the low level mobs (still in progress ofc)

I like this one. Starting to look like an interesting place to wander around.
Click to enlarge
That info is there, it just isnt displayed by default.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
That info is there, it just isnt displayed by default.

BYOND Civilization :D
Weather, just for the hell of it.

EDIT:
Closeup with rain and shadows.
Night time pls, that looks beautiful
Sure, why not. :)

Thanks Kaiochao...
new HUD design:
SS
So I've spent a good long while designing the interior to the house players will begin their adventures along with the NPCs that "find" you:

Rr-CKCL3u7r

After about 4 days of help from numerous people in the BYOND discord I managed to finally make NPCs a lot more managable, a lot of the coding was a mess for dialog and it was very un-thought out I basically completely scrapped what was there before, now I can add lists upon lists of dialog that the system will run through automatically without me actually having to do anything other than write out what they say, also made it so you can skip what they say rather than having to wait/be interrupted by it doing it automatically.

p8y-SSX5mlu

Also just thought I'd show off a bit of my rough combat, it still needs some refining but I think everythings starting to come along quite nicely :p

https://i.imgur.com/Foqr8B1.gif

My skills window is now somewhat complete, minus the professions tab (need to change crafting to professions as crafting is the action not the skill xD) Quite proud of this actually, the player can get an unlimited amount of skills and the window will make continuous pages for as long as you can change page/scroll, speaking of which players can scroll through their skills using their mousewheel, I'm especially happy about that as it gives it more of an ... official? feel if thats the correct sense of the word xD originally had it displaying the smaller circle GUIs in there but looked completely and utterly weird so decided they needed larger display GUIs exclusive for the skills window... as far as interface elements go, this has turned out my favourite and after learning things i've implimented in the skills window I'm contemplating remapping the inventory window to make it more user friendly and have more of a capacity, as it stands inventory capacity caps at 48 slots... not a whole lot of items really if the games heavy on item usage xD anyways.. screencap time haha

DLr-YJs6-Ct-B

7-Res-Px-D7by

Still working out a lot of things, but the Ultima-inspired combat system is coming along quite nicely, along with randomly generated loot/uniques to boot.
That pixel art/palette is incredible!

EDIT: Except for the fence part, that's a bit garish :)
In response to Jen Aside
What's going on in the gif? Cant see anything.
Most of the tiles are CC0 Dungeon Crawl tiles, so I can't really take credit for them :). Some(like the fence) are custom or edits of other less fitting tiles as placeholders. If I darkened it a bit it would probably fit in better.

As for what's going on, I dunno if it's too dark or not loading for you but it's really just some light combat between a player and a goblin.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Thanks Kaiochao...

WTTTFFF that's so hectic!! Kaiochao.... you made the 360 shootah game right?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 ... 349 350 351