In response to Ganite

Ganite wrote:
Marekssj3 wrote:
So few mounth ago I've started working on Quillby, 2d oRPG game. I already wrote about it. For someone who dont wanna download my filles i made video. Now you can skip boring moments. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gfy0pmlnMI

Oh wow this is sexy! Is this on BYOND?

Yaaaasss Rondo Of Swords! Yaaaasss RPG Intro!
I then however said that it ultimately undermines the pixel artist and that my view is that it shouldn't be built into BYOND as too many games might overuse it.

Dude, BYOND games overuse for loops. It doesn't matter. People gonna use features wrong. It's gonna happen. Those of use who take advantage of them to a game's benefit are why they are added.
Wait what..? Wouldn't that be good if they over use it? Main problem for most people is that they can't find a pixel artist. You're making no sense.
Let's not get derailed. This is a thread for showing us your projects!
WIP of Earth map in DVO.

In response to Ganite
Dem density blocks tho. <3
J/k looking nice.
Especially that map, it's pretty huge. I hate mapping.
In response to Avidanimefan
Thanks and me to good thing I got a slave for it.
I've always felt that keeping your maps small gives you more of a chance to add clutter and atmosphere to your projects. It's very hard to stay motivated enough to draw out a huge map and then make it look good.
^^
I do agree, I feel most people miss the point of adding as much as possible to the maps they do make.
I go with 200x200 for most of my games and I find it's actually enough with space left over.
A lot of BYOND games have loads of open space with no features or landmarks in sight.

Old (single player) RPGs use props, buildings and cliffs/trees/rivers to wall in areas and help funnel a player around so everything becomes more purposeful, which is what mapping and pixel art is all about.

But I understand that in a DBZ game, you want to fly around and give a sense of freedom to the player, so I think your map is looking very nice when you consider that.

What I was working on until I lost interest. Sorry for the huge screenie.

What I'm working on as a "break" game from my main project.
And because I'm tired of playing dbz games where you get hit by invisible attacks with people hiding behind trees,etc.

Then -

My main.
In response to Gunslung
When you make a dbz-esc game, where you travel whatever planet you're on, making it "rounded" is a much better approach, making the player fly out into the ocean, hitting a invisible wall and having to go all the way the opposing direction when it's all supposed to be connected is ridiculous. Getting a "world edge" a few tiles away from the edge of the map to teleport the player to the other side seamlessly is the approach which should be taken in these types of games.
Yeah that's good advice, like on Final Fantasy games with the airship on the world map
I might as well discuss what I've been doing for the past month. As some of y'all already know, I've been doing work on a WebGL Support Library (which I have plans to have helpers or even open-source the project on GitHub).

I originally interfaced portions of WebGL into DM (so you can make the calls from DM to JavaScript). That turned out to be a mistake since it is heavily dependent on the server still compared to doing it in JavaScript (which is normally client-side anyway).

So, I'm allowing for a more low-level path of actually calling WebGL functions yourself. While not as programmer friendly, it does have the advantage of getting great performance. One way I can interface it is by sending data from the server (in DM) to client (which can be position data).

Other things I have been doing is enabling keyboard and mouse focus into the WebGL Support Library. Unfortunately, full-screen support is a bit out of the question for the time being (especially on Chrome). Keyboard Events and Mouse Events are currently custom-handled for the time being.

I believe WebGL Support Library can benefit from an open-source path (which I have plans to allow for helpers also). Going to have a look at which license would be handy for this project if it ever goes open source.

P.S.: This project can benefit BYOND itself, since there will be shader usage.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that the WebGL Support Library runs on it's own control (with it's own canvas).
Yut and I, we're gonna have to make a game together some day. And perhaps mutant love children in the future.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Yut and I, we're gonna have to make a game together some day. And perhaps mutant love children in the future.

Right?
Been working on Age of Magic these past few weeks. Pretty much inspired by Fairy Tail and Eternia's lack of PVP (I don't like RPing but wanted to play Eternia)
pretty bad quality gif:
In response to Zagros5000
Scenery looks pretty bland and the path looks wonky as hell, but overall looks decent.
In response to Kats
suppose to be a plains, but still in work. been focusing on the AI for a while so most of my time's there
Yut Put wrote:
i did this in the last 3 days my hands hurt

Card art? *fingers crossed*
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 349 350 351