running on a microsoft surfact pro.

Unfortunately this is likely the issue.

Mobile platforms don't have nearly the capability as a standard PC.
In response to Akto
The cheeeeeeeeeeese.
In response to Bravo1
Actually, I get the same spike he is talking about and I'm not on a mobile device.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Mobile platforms don't have nearly the capability as a standard PC.

Come on... BYOND is not an intensive application. Most mobile devices are actually surprisingly powerful. More than enough to run your game.
Weeee!
In response to Bravo1
My surface pro has:
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) x7-Z8700 1.60 GHz processor
RAM: 4 GB
64 Bit System

Should be enough power for it.

I tested a little bit more and continued to see large amounts of lag occur when the map is scrolling into another part of the same map/room. That part makes my screen jump/chop up for a quick second when it occurs. I'll try to make a gif video. Is there a decent program to use to do this to give you a good example of what i'm experiencing without chopping the quality up?

EDIT: I have just died and was sent back to tavin in the upgrade room. When they finished talking and I went back into the first room/level, something odd occurred. My screen went black except for a 9x9 (a big guess haha) box which is centered on the character. Ill take a screenshot to provide an example of this:

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/TacticalPoop/ Untitled_zpsew0altba.png

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/TacticalPoop/ untitled2_zpshx9mjczb.png

PS: I am loving this game. It'll be a heck of a good one when it is all polished up.
In response to Flick
Dam Flick, that's smexy.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Dam Flick, that's smexy.

In response to Gohan851
It's 2016; only savages, cavemen, and ignorant brutes use photobucket anymore.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
It's 2016; only savages, cavemen, and ignorant brutes use photobucket anymore.

:o what's wrong with photobucket? I currently live under a rock and dont know the good shit to use >.<.
Points for having me look in Tactical's Poop bucket though. That was a first... ;)
Yeah, but photobucket has always been simple and smooth to upload images quick for me. So why switch to something new if the one thing works just fine? But glad to see you get criticized for how you upload pics here too :). Plus I have an awesome username on photobucket
Photobucket is ad-riddled, horribly slow, and doesn't allow hyperlinking. imgur has become quite standard over the last five or six years, because it is much better in each regard.
Well, I'll check it out @popisfizzy. I hardly upload images online anymore. Thought I'd upload a couple pictures for bravo to see what was going on in his demo. Do you suggest any particular gif recording/uploading programs?
puush is better
use LiceCAP to record
Zecronious wrote:

Come on... BYOND is not an intensive application. Most mobile devices are actually surprisingly powerful. More than enough to run your game.

They really aren't, and BYOND isn't intensive, for most games. Lux is pretty complex. Lots of animations, lots and LOTS of collision math.

Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) x7-Z8700 1.60 GHz processor

This is why, unfortunately.

This is 1/3rd the power of each core of the processor I have, and when lots of stuff happens on screen, it can get to around 40% CPU usage (lots of animations).

I do need to optimize, because currently the AI characters pixel effects are drawn dynamically, rather than being pregenerated. That's something I can change and it's where most of the CPU usage comes from, so I can imagine that two AI on screen with a 1.6ghz cpu is going to cause lots of problems, so much so that it kills the map loading code (which fails hard if there's CPU spikes).

Even after optimizing everything I think Lux will still require at least 2.4ghz. It's mainly due to how beams are calculated. The process for them uses some intense math to calculate what it hits and what it doesn't, and one boss uses three beams at a time, with a considerable length. That causes some pretty hefty usage. I do have a solution to cut down on that, which is to cut down beam calculations to 20 or even 10 fps, as currently they're calculated once per frame which is likely far too accurate for my needs.

PS: I am loving this game. It'll be a heck of a good one when it is all polished up.

Thanks! Hopefully I can refine it to the point where everything still runs well on a system like a surface pro, but I'm not going to make any promises.
In response to Bravo1
If that game is lagging his phone which is many times more powerful than what it takes to send a rocket to the moon and back then it almost certainly has to be something with your code making it lag.
Zecronious wrote:
If that game is lagging his phone which is many times more powerful than what it takes to send a rocket to the moon and back then it almost certainly has to be something with your code making it lag.

The GBA is a more powerful computer than what was used to put men on the moon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/eop84/ fun_gaming_facts_the_power_of_a_gameboy_in_the/

Meanwhile BYOND isn't a highly efficient or capable engine (let's be honest), most games you're comparing to don't use as many animations or nearly as accurate collision.

Like really, just because you can put a man on a moon with what you can find in a crummy cell phone today does not mean games are super easy to run.

Very different monsters.

Besides, I did say that my game needed to be optimized and I gave two examples where I could work on that, but you still seem to need to talk smack about it as if it's going to change my opinion which already agreed with yours.

Besides look at Epoch http://store.steampowered.com/app/467910/

2.4ghz and 1G of RAM.

Lux will likely end up needing far less RAM, but the same CPU power.

I guess Yut Put also has to fix their inefficient code, according to you?
We never actually landed on the Moon. That was a lie told by the government to make America seem superior to every other country. There's evidence all over Wikipedia and YouTube of this. Wake up sheep, it's time for a revolution. Fight the powers that be.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
We never actually landed on the Moon. That was a lie told by the government to make America seem superior to every other country. There's evidence all over Wikipedia and YouTube of this. Wake up sheep, it's time for a revolution. Fight the powers that be.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 349 350 351