In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/cardsnew.png

Not sure what these are but I've been drawing them today.

Maybe one day I'll be good at drawing.

I think you're just fine at drawing, I like how these look c:

NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS BUT IM DOING IT TODAY
Taming Beasts gg
In response to Ishuri
u hop on it and u gotta tap "space" to tame it with chances of knocking u off
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
General combat testing before version finalization:

<3 it looks very nice

Testing sprites and benchmarking a bit to find out what DreamSeeker likes and doesn't like on both of my computers.
The high CPU percentage is actually coming from clearing the turfmap, which needs to be optimized.
geezlaweez2fps
Alright, last one for a while. Thought of another shiny thing to play with...
Just a few highlights, a crypt, and an edit to the tree.
Flick wrote:
A few more details.

Ooo when will i be able to whack people on the head with a stick as a badass skeleton wizard :D?
shite zombie thing - playing with a gamepad as well
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
shite zombie thing - playing with a gamepad as well

Make the projectile more visible. You don't even need an actual "bullet" icon for it. All you really need is like a fading white line or something. More of a visual representation. Maybe a hit animation or a heavy "kick" animation on the gun to make it feel like it has some impact to it and it's not just like you're firing spitballs at them.

Also, give your explosions a starting point where they radiate out from. You really don't need to animate much other than a quick burst. From there, you can use the explosion animation you have right now for the fade-out.

This is an example of how I made an explosion look from my particle library. Obviously you don't have to get this fancy, but just a useful visual representation of what I'm talking about.
In response to Kats
There we go. Thanks for the feedback!

I've yet to make the explosions a starting point, but I'll look into it at some point.

Right now, I'm noticing fits of lag when I fire while there are too many active mobs. So I need to find a way to optimize their ai x_x
Are the mobs constantly moving? Best way to optimize is to make sure things aren't running that don't need to be running. For example, if there isn't any players around... they don't really need to move. I would make zombie movement activated based on the players Move()
In response to Akto
After a talk with Kaio, and searching the profiler, I found that my sound proc was being broadcast for all mobs, regardless of whether or not they were a client. That fixed most of the freezing that I was getting. But you're correct! I should tie their movement in with the players'
I found that my sound proc was being broadcast for all mobs, regardless of whether or not they were a client.

Anything that uses the << operator in BYOND has been ABSOLUTELY murdering performance for a few years now... I wonder if this is a bug.

I mean, sending text to a few dozen clients eats like, 5% CPU on a 3.6ghz machine.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I found that my sound proc was being broadcast for all mobs, regardless of whether or not they were a client.

Anything that uses the << operator in BYOND has been ABSOLUTELY murdering performance for a few years now... I wonder if this is a bug.

I mean, sending text to a few dozen clients eats like, 5% CPU on a 3.6ghz machine.

I don't know about the text bit... but in my case, it was processing a sound, determining it's volume based on distance from the source, and playing it for 98 mobs. So that's a hefty difference, compared to allowing it to only search for the one client in the area.
but in my case, it was processing a sound, determining it's volume based on distance from the source, and playing it for 98 mobs.

Breh, early ejections. You gotta think about those early ejections.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 349 350 351