In response to Bl4ck Adam
Pixel Art Miis :D

Bl4ck Adam, more like BLACK MAGIC ADAM!

So awesome. Are you using a dynamic lighting library, or is it all self-created from the ground up?
In response to Ease
The lighting library in use is Kii_Spotlight. Go check it out!
A little sneak of what has been going on with Transcend:

Getting real close to releasing the first few chapters and play testing on BYOND.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Can't wait to see it!
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Uh, spoil me more?
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Holy balls, Adam, that's frickin' gorgeous. You do the engine proud.
In response to RiceINF
RiceINF wrote:
Uh, spoil me more?

You can check out the twitter: https://twitter.com/YnorThe/media

And the hub here on BYOND:
http://www.byond.com/games/ExentriksGaming/TranscendT

These two are where I post all updates.
Recently I've gone back to working on a project I started a couple years ago (the prisoners dilemma game was to get me back into the swing of programming,) so I figured it would be cool to show what I had here by way of video dump and hopefully get some feedback if possible.

It's a single player RPG where you play as a kid who ends up leading an army of colourful characters to save the world.

Full video - it's 18 mins long so there's an abridged version in case you're pushed for time.

party system and snow test
waterfall test

Some of it is kind of iffy in quality but I'm remaking a lot of the assets and (hopefully) finishing the game.
nice
In response to Rayjt9
this BYOND?
In response to Rayjt9
Rayjt9 wrote:
Recently I've gone back to working on a project I started a couple years ago (the prisoners dilemma game was to get me back into the swing of programming,) so I figured it would be cool to show what I had here by way of video dump and hopefully get some feedback if possible.

It's a single player RPG where you play as a kid who ends up leading an army of colourful characters to save the world.

Full video - it's 18 mins long so there's an abridged version in case you're pushed for time.

waterfall test

Some of it is kind of iffy in quality but I'm remaking a lot of the assets and (hopefully) finishing the game.

Iffy quality my ass, dude. If you showed that off to a retro gaming community, they'd lose their shit and demand you finish it.

That's straight up Earthbound quality right there. Seriously. That's wonderful to behold.
In response to Ter13
Ganite wrote:
this BYOND?

Yeah! I think it must have been an old version though, as the web client didn't enjoy showing the dialogue boxes at the time, but it seems to work nicely now.

Ter13 wrote:
Iffy quality my ass, dude. If you showed that off to a retro gaming community, they'd lose their shit and demand you finish it.

That's straight up Earthbound quality right there. Seriously. That's wonderful to behold.

That's such a huge compliment, thank you! Earthbound is one of my favourite games and definitely influenced the style I went with.

I think the issue I have with a lot of it is the consistency. Some of it is decently animated and in a consistent style with other parts but there's other bits I really phoned it in on haha

A lot of this stuff still needs a lot of polish, but I haven't been able to put more than a handful of hours into this little distraction project because my brain is retarded and decides that sleep is something that I need to do once every day or so.

Added a very simple secret room system. It's a bit of a pain to set up properly in the map editor, but it's pretty slick... In my opinion anyway.

Also spent quite a little bit of time fleshing out how the backend handles melee weapons. I still need a bit more work on knockback that I've been putting off. Iframes are a thing I'll need to sort out.

Chests can now give rewards, the first of which is an upgrade to the broken sword you start with.

Phylacteries (save points) have been added, though some work actually needs to be done to make certain things able to be reset, and I also need to add some kind of player flag system for chests and areas to allow saving and loading to actually work properly.

I added slimes today, which have a fairly complex AI. They are downright lethal in the water, and they are real bastards in a group.

Speaking of water, There are consequences for hanging out in the water too long now. A breath meter has been added to the UI, and when that depletes, you start to drown.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

A lot of this stuff still needs a lot of polish, but I haven't been able to put more than a handful of hours into this little distraction project because my brain is retarded and decides that sleep is something that I need to do once every day or so.

Added a very simple secret room system. It's a bit of a pain to set up properly in the map editor, but it's pretty slick... In my opinion anyway.

Also spent quite a little bit of time fleshing out how the backend handles melee weapons. I still need a bit more work on knockback that I've been putting off. Iframes are a thing I'll need to sort out.

Chests can now give rewards, the first of which is an upgrade to the broken sword you start with.

Phylacteries (save points) have been added, though some work actually needs to be done to make certain things able to be reset, and I also need to add some kind of player flag system for chests and areas to allow saving and loading to actually work properly.

I added slimes today, which have a fairly complex AI. They are downright lethal in the water, and they are real bastards in a group.

Speaking of water, There are consequences for hanging out in the water too long now. A breath meter has been added to the UI, and when that depletes, you start to drown.

This looks so good! I love the pixel sparkle effect when you get the sword from the chest. I really like the whole vibe. It's really minimal but really expressive! Can't wait to see more.
In response to Ter13
I always enjoy seeing your work, Terry! That's def the kind of game I always find myself playing, especially if it's a rogue-like.
In response to Rayjt9
Rayjt9 wrote:

waterfall test

That's so dope. It looks so professional and well made. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us :]

+1 for the ladder rung; it made me smile hard.

So happy to see so many promising projects popping up! Awesome work, Ray and Ter!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 273 274 275 276 277 ... 349 350 351