https://puu.sh/AS7hH/8d597d6066.webm
The Item World. A generated realm that is used to increase an offered item's item level. It is an endless, randomized dungeon with scaling difficulty. Can you make it to level 99?
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:
The Item World. A generated realm that is used to increase an offered item's item level. It is an endless, randomized dungeon with scaling difficulty. Can you make it to level 99?

Uh, that is super sexy in every way. Not gonna be drawn in by the turn based system (personally) but everything looks amazing.
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:

No. No. No. No.

Disgaea did bad things to my life. Don't do this to me again, Mr. Crazah.

Edit: Some sh!7's going down.

Edit 2: Too much Dragons Dogma did this.

In response to Bravo1
How's performance?
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
How's performance?

Pretty good so far. Lots of stuff going on at once (hundreds of projectiles or dozens of enemies) causes a slowdown, but I've been working on curtailing the number of effects and mobs flying around at any given time.

Edit: Also, Plasma Caster
In response to Bravo1
I think your gas particles look a little too bland. They lack character, and they don't feel like they are dispersing in a manner you'd expect from gasses or plasmas.

Try giving each of those cloudy particles a small random velocity. Maybe this random velocity should be opposite the gravity vector as well. Another thing you could try, is when you're charging the plasma shot, the particles that are created should take on some of your character's velocity too.

The particles that make up the projectile's trail should also take on some of the projectile's velocity as well.

Another thing to try, is you could try to make the hue change as the particle approaches the end of its lifetime. Like maybe you could try to make it smoothly change hues towards a deep blue or purple.

Downwards projectile impacts should result in the same liquid splash as well, to keep it consistent with upwards projectile impacts. Make the initial velocity along the surface normal direction with some randomness.
I updated the Plasma Caster based on D4RK3 54B3R's suggestions, and added a new enemy that's been in the works for a few days.

Edit: Testing the singularity projector.

Sometimes love kills...

When it does, hide the body!
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
Sometimes love kills...

When it does, hide the body!

Cleanup on aisle all of 'em.
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
Sometimes love kills...

Looking good. May I suggest 2 things? Rotate the body based on the direction of the mover? Also, I think the eyes are transparent when moving?
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Yut Put wrote:
mitadake high 5 by black adam please

;)

Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Looking good. May I suggest 2 things? Rotate the body based on the direction of the mover? Also, I think the eyes are transparent when moving?

Thanks! I'll look into the rotation. As for the eyes, they are transparent on the base with some states. I have a separate icon for them, just haven't bothered implementing it yet

Thanks to Lummox the area animation bug was very quickly fixed and now I can animate lighting for entire rooms very easily!

Also, sprinting! Sprinting boosts your speed but you can't shoot while running, so shooting will drop you out of the sprint (like most games). It persists through jumps and direction changes, but stopping completely (either by releasing controls or hitting a wall) will end it as well.

Edit:

Visor color can be changed, updated the graphics a bit for the Beam Rifle, added the Beam Projector (Red) and the Tether Beam (Green). Beam Projector is simple, only hits one enemy but deals fast damage, and the Beam Tether latches onto a target. dealing lower damage than the beam projector, but allowing you to move freely without needing to aim.

Edit 2:

Tether beam can now be used to swing from tether points.

I do love me some hexes...
Are those really hexes though? The top and bottom sides are the same length as each piece of the diagonal lines, so technically it's two long sides and a bunch of little ones =D

(Sorry, they just look weird because the top is more narrow than the sides lolol)
Too late now :P I like em anyway.

Yut Put wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
Are those really hexes though? The top and bottom sides are the same length as each piece of the diagonal lines, so technically it's two long sides and a bunch of little ones =D

(Sorry, they just look weird because the top is more narrow than the sides lolol)

they're just in a perspective

This is a hexagon. Change my view.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

they're just in a perspective

This is a hexagon. Change my view.

:thonking intensifies:
In response to Ter13
It is a hexagon, though, it's just not convex (or regular, but regular would imply convex).

[edit]

Oh, turns out regular doesn't imply convex, because star polygons are also consisted regular.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 349 350 351