In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Filters! Get yer red hot wave filters here!

Yes please! I've been meaning to use the wave filter to make the flamethrower a bit more dynamic.

Edit: If used frequently enough, the WaterEffect() proc crashes DS.

I guess that's probably my fault for calling it 20x per second.

\_(0_O)_/
Posting this on behalf of Kozuma3's creations.
(Yes he has people doing things for him now xD)

Many plans for the future, I am told.
Browser based, skills are intended to be created, plenty to do while chatting with others.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
Filters! Get yer red hot wave filters here!

Yes please! I've been meaning to use the wave filter to make the flamethrower a bit more dynamic.

Edit: If used frequently enough, the WaterEffect() proc crashes DS.

I guess that's probably my fault for calling it 20x per second.

\_(0_O)_/

I'll have to test that out, although the point of the proc is that you don't call it each tick; you call it once and it sets up the animation.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

I'll have to test that out, although the point of the proc is that you don't call it each tick; you call it once and it sets up the animation.

Well I'm creating 20 mobs per second and giving each of them a single call of WaveEffect().

I shouldn't be doing that but I'm too lazy to get an efficient use of appearances set up right now.
You might simply be way-overloading the memory if this crash isn't happening right away. You could always shoot me a demo project.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You might simply be way-overloading the memory if this crash isn't happening right away. You could always shoot me a demo project.

I'll try getting something together. Looks like it happens after using the proc around 300 times.

Edit: To avoid double posting I'll add this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baS9n73O3yQ

Youtube wrecked the quality. I'll try to fix that.

Edit 2:

Working on some test enemies. Again, not my art, but I'll likely use it as a basis for an enemy that I had in mind that's very similar
Playing around with color matrices and made a little program to test out how changes in the matrix affect the color. Would like to make it a full tutorial at some point, but for now it's just kind of fun to play with.
http://www.byond.com/developer/Flick/FTutColorMatrixTutorial
Added some animated color stuff.
Animating RGB:

Animating saturation:

Animated Black and White levels:

EDIT: I'll just add this one here so as not to triple post...
This one is a combination of color cycling and rotating an object in the mobs vis_contents with objects blend_mode set to BLEND_MULTIPLY and the mobs appearance_flags set to KEEP_TOGETHER.

EDIT2: Kind of dark and saturated, but sort of an underwater look.
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:

Spooky, Scary, Skeletons.

This is awesome!
This game is turning into a rave.

Beam Rifle. Pierces enemies but not walls. Slower and less damage than the machinegun, but great for dealing with groups of enemies.

Also there is noticeable slowdown in this gif, solely because I have about 30+ enemies crammed all together and they're all trying to act at the same time. I'll be working on making them far more efficient very soon.
That is freaking sexy, Bravo1.
https://puu.sh/AIf12/c1480df6d8.gif a little glimpse of what we have going on.

I like what you're doing bravo
In response to ChakraX
ChakraX wrote:
https://puu.sh/AIf12/c1480df6d8.gif a little glimpse of what we have going on.

I like what you're doing bravo

I like this but aren't you biting off a little more than you can chew? xD like in terms of scaling with the naruto universe doing Gamabunta that big will mean you've got to do a lot more of equal size and larger in some cases, not only that but skills etc. from the summoning, I mean don't get me wrong it's cool, the breathing is perfect and it's the right perspective I'll say A++ but you're about to give yourself a ridiculous work load by making it this way xD
Almost done and the skills aren't even hard lol. We got it under control come to the discord and check us out. Btw gold souls been looking for you hit him up! You stay going mia!
We don't mind the work load the point is to set a new standard of success and art as well as to push ourselves to the limit
What a waste of money

"Lord I was born a shamblin' man"
its pretty cool to see how the light affects gameplay

personally id prefer to see a focus on more slow deliberate shots to make the game feel scarier like RE4
Page: 1 2 3 ... 342 343 344 345 346 ... 355 356 357

Login to reply.