As a quick update:

I added a slight blur effect to the Slugger enemies when they're raging and swapped over to maptext for debug which solved some FPS issues I was experiencing.

Another thing implemented is angular momentum, so when you're in zero G you don't spin immediately, instead you ramp up to it and releasing the keys to spin doesn't stop your spin, but it does still degrade over time in order to prevent nausea. The overall effect makes controlling in zero G slightly harder, more realistic, and surprisingly, less nausea inducing (at least for me).

I fiddled with the camera as well, implementing a locking zoom which overrides the zooming system I set up. I also adjusted the default view of the world so that I can zoom a bit further out for bigger stuff. This also went hand in hand with some adjustments to the camera positioning relative to aim. It's a lot less jarring and restrictive.

Atmosphere control panels are now fully working though the effect of atmosphere on the player hasn't been fully implemented.

Also, doing some testing for something a bit... bigger.

NOM
Created a dmm datum.

// Demo, Created by Kozuma3
turf {icon='turfs.dmi';icon_state="turf"}
obj {icon='turfs.dmi';icon_state="obj"}

mob/Login()
var dmm/map = new/dmm('Map.dmm')
map.LoadChunk(1,1,1,map.PrepareChunk(10,8,12,10))
..()

dmm
var{list/ids=new;raw;maxx;maxy;list/data = new}
New(f)
var a,b,c,d; f = file2text(f)
for()
a = findtext(f,"\"");b = findtext(f,"\"",a+1)
c = findtext(f,"(",b+1);d = findtext(f,")",c+1)
if(!a||!b||!c||!d){break}
ids[copytext(f,a+1,b)] = params2list(replacetext(copytext(f,c+1,d),",","&"))
f = copytext(f,1,a) + copytext(f,d+1)
a = findtext(f,"{\"");b = findtext(f,"\"}")
if(!a||!b){return}; f = raw = copytext(f,a+3,b)
while((a = findtext(f,"\n",a+1))){.++};maxy = .+1
maxx = length(copytext(f,1,findtext(f,"\n")))
var node_size = length(ids[1]),x = 0,y = maxy
f = replacetext(raw,"\n","")
for(var/p = 1 to length(f) step node_size)
x++; if(x > maxx){x = 1;y--}
data["[x],[y]"] = copytext(f,p,p+node_size)

proc/PrepareChunk(sx,sy,ex,ey)
var list/l = new
for(var/Y = sy to ey){for(var/X = sx to ex){l += data["[X],[Y]"]};l+="_"}
return l

proc/LoadChunk(sx,sy,sz,list/c)
var x = sx, y = sy
for(var/i in c)
if(i == "_"){y++;x=sx;continue}
for(. in ids[i]){new . (locate(x,y,sz))}
x++

Added Scaffolds, Ladders, and Ramps, in that order of difficulty to get working!

Also featured are some updated/added sounds and effects. Machine gun graphics have been updated/improved. Plasma Caster actually has some audio to it now, but needs some more for projectile impacts.

There's also some more previews of the Power and Atmosphere control panels and their effects. Power panel still needs some audio to it though (along with a few other weapons). Something I want to add for the beam weapon is to use the globs from the plasma caster and cast red ones off from where the beam hits. I think it'd be cool.

Oh, and a new cursor! This one isn't based on the mouse which allows me to do some effects with it. I think I'll go Halo-style and have a different cursor for each weapon type.

Some things that need fixing currently: Door layers are off as they're not supposed to be above adjacent walls. I think I can do some alpha mask filter stuff to get that working properly. Finally, the cursor can be hit by enemies which has some kooky results, bullet impacts for the machinegun are way off (hit detection is fine but the visual effect is wrong) and the Slugger enemy doesn't properly flash when damaged.
In response to Bravo1
Add night vision!!
I thought to tell you about a game that hosts 24/7. A MMO to be exact where you create your own character, age along with having kids and creating a family, train all stats and gain intel to create technology. Space travel build houses and harvest animals and vegetables. Slaughter for food and everything else in the show including the afterlife even. It's really a fun experience and the discord is in the description of the youtube video. Everyone is pretty helpful if you have questions or want to play. Be sure to read the guide in it's channel and Join the discord the link is in the description to this video https://youtu.be/AqdZVb7Wo5Q If you're interested join the discord here https://discord.gg/FTNqyWX to find out where to download and register.

Hello guys! I was packing some contents to summarize everything at once here, so check out the progression on Poke Wisteria Online!

Worked on more interface element and controls overall, but mainly decided on how perks/classes will work, and be displayed through the team menu... In this example my Lapras haves surf and talking pokemon perks!

Humans and pokémon have 6 perk slots, and for humans they work similar to classes, unlocking new skills and letting you build very different characters, in this example we have newbie scientist, breeder, trainer and criminal all at the same char, however this kind of build "uses up" alot of perks slots. Newbie is the first class perk, as its possible to learn in chain many others that will unlock even more gameplay and skills!

We also have a relationship bar, that raises depending on how you interact with your pokémon, and pokémon can have 3 different humors, friendly, neutral and agressive, depending on your pokémon humor, you will need different methods to raise the relationship with it, for example playing with friendly pokémons will raise its relationship,while agressive pokémon will require you to do more agressive acts with them, like sparring etc.
Relationship will affect the quality of that pokémon in battle, so a pokémon with great relationship can easily defeat another pokemon with double of their status without relationships; they will only raise if you have recently Roleplayed enough with your pokémon aswell!

Created new pokéballs UI with unique return ray colors

Created Eggs dynamics, they are organized in egg groups, and as you interact with them and raise their relationships, they can hatch, eggs are always "friendly", but are 20x easier to complete the relationship bar of an egg then it is of a real pokémon. You can also sendout and walk around with your egg for the cool rps! (PS they can't level up)

Commands and interactions are pretty intuitive, pressing space will show what type of commands you can use within that object/npc or player, these commands can change depending on your trainer classes, ranks etc, and this opens a huge variety of interaction with the world, yet being simple and clean UI-wise.
Studying lets you learn and re-sort your human's skills, using the classes as a base.
You can do jobs and earn money, and interact with the world around you as its expected of a rp game;

Some pokémon can be used as labor-force, and explored as such! so the world isnt just about battles! you can work alongside with your pokémon and explore deeper concepts of this universe!

In shops we have a very intuitive interface, and the items in stock vary depending on the products shipped around the kanto by its factory!

The game lore runs in 30 years before red's adventure, during the creation of Pokémon League, a dream to change the pokémon world from an labor exploration, to creating real bounds between pokémon-humans, by sending kids around the world with their pokémons friends to develop bounds, creating all the sport-competition related to it.
In the pokémon world we know, the league creation was a success, but in Wisteria it will depend on the roleplay and how the story goes! So visit this complete revision of Kanto as it should be!(ps the erp picture is a joke, erp wont be allowed)

If you are interested to know more, join our discord!
https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx
And twitter!
https://twitter.com/rp_poke

Added some more sound effects for the Plasma caster. Each little splatter of excess plasma now creates sizzling sounds as it burns the environment. Machinegun impacts now have ricochet audio and visual effects.

Also, thanks to GreatPirateEra's suggestion: Night Vision!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 343 344 345

Login to reply.