In response to Flick
@Flick: I like the rivers/lakes. Bigger lakes are more meaningful and interesting.

On the side, seems like applying some sort of elevation would at least be an interesting exercise and could help with lake/rivers. Basically, a lake can build until it runs into a steep run off and then it's back being a river. Would also support snowy regions which leads into bioms which leads me into wanting to distract myself with some maps generation projects. lol

Working on territories and roads. Right now, I'm just drawing roads between all neighboring territories. That won't always be the case. Different races/factions may or may not do enough trading to generate a road between them.


EDIT: @PopLava I'm sort of going with both. Most rivers will generate fairly direct paths between source and ocean. Occasionally they will meander more and create lakes. Sometimes large inland seas really.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Working on territories and roads. Right now, I'm just drawing roads between all neighboring territories. That won't always be the case. Different races/factions may or may not do enough trading to generate a road between them.


EDIT: @PopLava I'm sort of going with both. Most rivers will generate fairly direct paths between source and ocean. Occasionally they will meander more and create lakes. Sometimes large inland seas really.

2 things. The roads could try to follow the geography more, it doesnt necessarily make sense for them to go through mountains,

and different road tiles for different terrain aesthetically makes sense
In response to Yut Put
Agreed on both counts. I think this is a little better pathing for the roads. Don't have multiple tile types for different terrain, but it does at least autotile now :P The roads take quite a while to generate, so there is a bit of a pause after the rivers are drawn. I'll have to see if I can tweak that a bit. I also slowed down the seeding generation so you can see a bit more about how it starts out.
Made some with a reduced tile size so the grid doesn't show. Screws up the tile placement a bit, but it still looks pretty good.
Click to enlarge
Added a few things in. Basic forests and some smaller towns within regions.
Finally got all the artwork done for melee and I'm finally about to begin my long journey into the pits of hell trying to get hand to hand and weapon fighting perfect hahaha

27

Added a pretty simple targetting system that'll help players with their melee fighting, it won't really support any magic based skills as a lot of them will be large enough to aim properly with them and I want some level of skill in the actual fighting to be a thing, the guard is pretty bog standard at the minute but backdash is now a thing making for easy escapes when you're in a bit of a jam haha should make combat somewhat entertaining
32
34
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Made some with a reduced tile size so the grid doesn't show. Screws up the tile placement a bit, but it still looks pretty good.
Click to enlarge
Added a few things in. Basic forests and some smaller towns within regions.

I'm gushing at the way this is generated.
Created this while offline a few weeks ago.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ytmyjw
Added equipment and inventory slots, changed the blue bar above health to yellow to represent stamina once added.

Made a pretty island with 2 small houses :3



Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmbwpd
Finally started adding in some of the low level mobs (still in progress ofc)

40
I like this one. Starting to look like an interesting place to wander around.
Click to enlarge
It would be cool if you generated political information/faction control so that the maps looked lived in :o
That info is there, it just isnt displayed by default.
A slight tinge/biome for each political zone would be really neat

It would be very easy to do with a color matrix
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
That info is there, it just isnt displayed by default.

BYOND Civilization :D
Weather, just for the hell of it.


EDIT:
Closeup with rain and shadows.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 354 355 356 357

Login to reply.