In response to AERProductions
I wouldn't doubt that, actually. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to create the same feel without all of the shockwaves, though.
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
I wouldn't doubt that, actually. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to create the same feel without all of the shockwaves, though.

Well, when you watch DBZ the effect is subtle and not so overdone. Remove some of the flashes or make them much smaller, is my suggestion! Perhaps the flashes could even get bigger/smaller or change color the more powerful you are, that way there is even a variety between players/enemies.
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

It's perfect :)
Honestly, I like it. The only problem I have with it isn't your fault at all because animated transformations blur things. That can't be helped at the moment.
I don't know what the hella going on... Can't say i like it.

Less effects more knowing what the hella going on
Southv2 wrote:
I don't know what the hella going on... Can't say i like it.

Less effects more knowing what the hella going on

It's honestly just a visual. The idea is that both characters are engaged in 'Hyper Combat' like Ganite mentioned earlier.

In the show, it was pretty hard for the spectators to tell what was happening either. (Maybe that's a plus in my case?) It's pretty rough and rushed. I can make something with more clarity once I decide how I want it to look.
In response to Southv2
How's this?

would be cooler if u had a background that was moving or flashing by
Dang that's pretty cool, make the background move.
I made a really lazy 4 frame graphic in GIMP. It isn't the best, but it gets the job done.

ow, moving the red background would've been way better, that's a huge mess
Ishuri wrote:
ow, moving the red background would've been way better, that's a huge mess

I'm honestly not sure how I would go about moving the background (at least in a seamless manner). I tried turning it with animate, but looking at it just makes me dizzy.
Use screen shaking. Might give it that impact effect you are looking for.
^needs voice clips!!! And Cowbell!!!
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
Use screen shaking. Might give it that impact effect you are looking for.

I'll look into that next if the image below doesn't fit the bill.

Yeah, that last one is way better.
Mine :(

In response to Ganite
Well the difference is, my link is just visual while your .gif shows actual combat. In my case, the clash would be a quick-time event that requires the players to press the keys on screen (or something) in order to 'win' the event.
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
How's this?

The after images stick around for too long it looks like a brawl.

Punch-speedlines-effect all in different parts of the screen will give u a better more clean look 2frames for the base punch no blue fade it looks more like slow motion.
In response to Southv2
Southv2 wrote:
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
How's this?

The after images stick around for too long it looks like a brawl.

Punch-speedlines-effect all in different parts of the screen will give u a better more clean look 2frames for the base punch no blue fade it looks more like slow motion.

I feel the same way about the afterimages. Tweaking their duration isn't a problem. As for the second statement:

Because I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 349 350 351