In response to Bravo1
Pretty cool, but I had expected it to be more like the Water Temple boss from Zelda: Link to The Past. Where the 'eyes' deattach and go off at you.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
Pretty cool, but I had expected it to be more like the Water Temple boss from Zelda: Link to The Past. Where the 'eyes' deattach and go off at you.

Well if I do that I'm definitely saving it for a boss. ;P
In response to Bravo1
Make it's blue orbs on it's head glow red when you attack it 8)??
I love your attention to detail with the death animations, Bravo. Keep it up. (:
In response to Kumorii
The explosion tickles me.
In response to Bravo1
Maybe a bigger version of it that does that could be a boss, then!

Did a bit of work on the area itself. I plan to give it a simple parallax background as well, cutting the walls in the background open to show it, but nothing planned for the moment. Still trying to capture the feel of this place.
In response to Bravo1
What if you just made it look alive? Like just kind of... I don't know, enlarge/minimize small portions at a time, or make it seem like it's shifting around like you're in somethings stomach.. or something. I think Metroid even did that a few times.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
What if you just made it look alive? Like just kind of... I don't know, enlarge/minimize small portions at a time, or make it seem like it's shifting around like you're in somethings stomach.. or something. I think Metroid even did that a few times.

I was thinking of doing that by making some of the plants shown grow and shrink slightly and slowly.

One thing I'll reveal about these caves: the flora and the fauna are one in the same.

Trying out the red glow suggestion. I added straight red and got a pink tone (since they're blue/purple normally) but I think it works better than straight red. Matches the explosion a bit too.

One thing I need to do is adjust the blast to be a bit higher to match where the blast is happening.

In response to Toddab503
Forgot to add this one to the last post, don't mean to spam:

Made some modifications which are already in effect with the last gif, but aren't seen because it's already rage-flying around.

The grow/shrink gives it a sort of glowing effect. I think it looks neat.

Edit: this also started a new page, so if you didn't see the last gif, go check out page 84.
In response to Bravo1
Great changes. I especially like that glowing effect. Making things shrink and grow could work, but time will tell on that once it is seen.

This is really coming along nicely though, keep it up!

Made the largest plant life grow/shrink as well, giving it that shimmer effect, which makes it look somewhat alive.
In response to Bravo1
Hmm. Is it possible to make the brightest color in the darker background part do that? or something similar? That could be interesting.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
Hmm. Is it possible to make the brightest color in the darker background part do that? or something similar? That could be interesting.

Hmmm... yeah.

I think I'm gonna change the colors around, make everything more blue in color (except the aberrant, I like the wild-berry pop-tart it's got going on) and make it like bio-luminescent cave...

I'll work on it some more later on and update asap.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Toddab503 wrote:

Hmmm... yeah.

I think I'm gonna change the colors around, make everything more blue in color (except the aberrant, I like the wild-berry pop-tart it's got going on) and make it like bio-luminescent cave...

I'll work on it some more later on and update asap.

I think the background also needs more variation; like maybe a hole or rocks or something to make it look less repetitive.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:

I think the background also needs more variation; like maybe a hole or rocks or something to make it look less repetitive.

Agreed. I'll be making some variations to the background and foreground as well as giving a darkness falloff to it

Similar to how these caves look:

In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Forgot to add this one to the last post, don't mean to spam:

Made some modifications which are already in effect with the last gif, but aren't seen because it's already rage-flying around.

The grow/shrink gives it a sort of glowing effect. I think it looks neat.

Edit: this also started a new page, so if you didn't see the last gif, go check out page 84.

I think this looks pretty cool, but may i suggest having the glowing effect pulse a bit giving it the feeling of like a brain, heart or w/e? Just a though. Loving the rest of your posts tho.
Usually shiny or moving stuff is reserved for interesting features. While it does look cool, it might unintentionally give the impression that they can be interacted with which could mislead players or cause them to outright miss important features or enemies with the same glow. It just gives too much attention to such a minor set piece, if my opinion matters at all. :)

Still looks fuckin' sexy, though.
IMO those cave rocks look like a string of pearls, albeit a pretty one. It'd be better to avoid that if possible by making the rocks "interlock" more. The artistry on the individual rocks is impeccable but the big-picture assembly doesn't look so hot.
Those things are cute :3.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 349 350 351