ID:1911974

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 42.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Byond version doesn't matter for this bug it seems. I cannot get run() to work if my DreamSeeker session is launched through something other than byond.exe/dreamdaemon. This is possibly some issue relating to windows 10 but I can't imagine what it would be.

Workaround: join local and remote servers either by clicking the yellow arrow on dreamdaemon or through open location in byond.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
This test works fine when launched from Dream Maker:

mob/verb/Run()
fdel("mytxt.txt")
text2file("Testing","mytxt.txt")
usr << run(file("mytxt.txt"))

So there must be more to this.

Also I'm a little unclear on something: Your subject line says DS has to be launched from Dream Daemon; your report says byond.exe, which is the pager. Which is it?
we actually disabled run() on /tg/station back in like june because it stopped working for random admins when they downloaded log files.

I noticed that all admins who had issues were running 508 so I had assumed it was 'depredated' again and decided against arguing for it again out of laziness.

Also, a note, ours(and vg/pomf's) log files end in .log, so that might be related.
Nope, the extension isn't the issue. I was still able to get Run() to work. And this is indeed all in 508.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
This test works fine when launched from Dream Maker:

mob/verb/Run()
> fdel("mytxt.txt")
> text2file("Testing","mytxt.txt")
> usr << run(file("mytxt.txt"))

So there must be more to this.

Also I'm a little unclear on something: Your subject line says DS has to be launched from Dream Daemon; your report says byond.exe, which is the pager. Which is it?

Right sorry i've fixed the OP. It works fine if DS is launched through dreamdaemon, byond.exe or i guess double clicking on the dmb. joining a server via an internet browser with byond://linktoserver:port, run() seems to not work on windows 10, for me atleast.
Okay, so it's only when on a remote server that this is an issue? That's good to know. I should be able to test that.
I guess I am bad at describing things. http://ss13.pomf.se/uploads/2015-08-06_18-48-29.mp4