Long story short, your eyes "see" every thing, but it's not all processed in your immediate consciousness.

Classic games generally ran at 60FPS. The Gameboy, the NES, and the SNES all ran at 60FPS.
In response to Ter13
Not sure if you meant to respond to someone else, or...

I'm not sure what your post means in response to mine, if it's not in error.
I'm not sure what your post means in response to mine, if it's not in error.

I agree that pepperoni and pineapple is the superior choice for pizza topping.
In response to Ter13
You never lied.
I've never had a problem with the classifieds. I posted a job for an artist and had four contacts in about a day. I'm still getting skype contacts from it too. Ate you offering compensation or?
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
non-sense, the hooman eye can only reach speeds of up to 30fps

This is kind of inaccurate because the human eye doesn't take "frames" like a camera. I uses a constant stream of light to change the image dynamically over time, starting with the images in your direct focus first and moving outward. This is why 60 fps seems smoother than 30.

Sorry, I meant 20fps
I know I'm late to say this but I was holding back until it was okay.

If you blur stuff or use gradients of any kind, regardless of its purpose, you end up with thousands of colours which don't fit the rest of the game's art style.

Higher number of colours translates into a contrast through detail. A person's eye will always naturally be drawn to contrast.

Pixel art has to be deliberate, it is called pixel art because you're supposed to control it down to the level of it's pixels. Every choice is made to represent your message visually, as accurately as your limitations allow.

When pixeling turfs, it's often the goal to keep the contrast as low as possible so your attention is drawn to the characters and items instead of the floor they are walking on.

I am not being a purist when I say this kind of stuff, it's the fundamentals of the medium.
In response to Kumorii
There's not a problem finding people.
Finding reliable people-bit different. lol
In response to Gunslung
Gunslung wrote:
I know I'm late to say this but I was holding back until it was okay.

If you blur stuff or use gradients of any kind, regardless of its purpose, you end up with thousands of colours which don't fit the rest of the game's art style.

When you take a large texture and drop it down to 32x32, even with an added gradient, you're at maximum 1,024 possible colors inside that 32x32 image.

The process I use while creating the tiles explicitly limits the color palette to 32 maximum pre-defined colors, even with gradients included.

Gradients suck that is all...
Page: 1 2 3 4