ID:1916539

Hello Readers! Doohl recently started a show and tell thread for developers to display what they are currently working on. There you'll find tidbits from Severed World, Quillby, Wolf Pack Battalion, Skirmish, Transcendence, a bunch of other unnamed projects, and interesting goodies.

Once you have finished checking those out, don't forget to come back here and check out these other great developments:

BYOND

BYOND Developer Lummox JR came back from his vacation up in Canada refreshed (kind of...) and ready to jump into webclient development, releasing beta 508.1295, which includes the newly DSified Webclient, after a week and a half, and while it may appear to be aesthetically similar, significant improvements were made on the backend, saving a considerable amount of server processing, and making it feasible for the Webclient to actually be used to support a large number of players.

Bug fixes aside, tentative plans to explore resource downloading and management have been set as a goal.

BYOND Games

Zagros5000 made an update to their action and adventure game, Age of Magic. Stats and combat have been revamped as the game progresses from tiled based movements to pixel based locations.

Flick has began work on Mano A Mano for the... fourth time? This time the board of this turned based strategy game is divided into a sheet of hexagons. Current development includes basic gameplay, an AI, and a lobby. Check out this GIF to see for yourself.

Status effects have been added to the Final Impact: Aeon Catalyst universe with Soma Schicksal filling us in on the good and bad ones. He also took some time to create bios and background stories of the playable character cast.

After taking the game down to scratch last year, Pondera is nearing its first public alpha testing, curiously referred to as The Omnibus. The hope is to allow players to build and test without the interference of ill-intent of the surroundings. Hopefully there will soon be a live server to go with these instructions and tips.

Continuing to work on The Untold Kingdom, Wikked_Klwn420 has showed off two screenshots of the sandbox roleplaying game. They mostly show interface elements, and there doesn't currently seem to be much to interact with yet. On the development slate is the creation of player owned settlements.

Inutaishos made a video of the first two transformations in Azusa: Generations. The PVP adventure game also laid out plans for five new armors. Game subscriptions are available at a 20% discount this month.

Sigrogana Legend 2 has been twice updated since the last edition of Within BYOND. Currently at version 1.33, players of the roleplaying game can now go camping with the addition of campsites (Speaking of which, anyone else watching tonight's meter shower?), and for higher level players, improvements have been made to make some dungeons more challenging.

Bravo1 has been working on an updated version of Tanks. Human enemies are now scattered about that will try to stop you, a tank in a top down world, so run them over! In more recent developments, you'll now have a radar to use, and missile weapons.

DanteVFenris has been regularly hosting the action PVP game, Cursed Luck, these past few weeks. A new form of pet battles, similar to that of Pokemon has been implemented. Players can now begin as any class they so choose, and plenty of content additions for prospective players to check out.

LegendarySharingan has uploaded the latest developers log for Destoration, a PVP fantasy game where players are given a choice to use their powers for good or evil. Progress in Alpha 1.2 offers the addition of a shop keeper system, warps, leveling, and dialogue. A poll was held to determine the next two classes to be implemented, and I reckon warriors and slayers are impending.

Retro MMORPG NEStalgia made the move to version 1.70 after a few weeks of developmental setbacks, mostly foreseen in regards to savefile transfers. After a few weeks without a Thursday update, silk released a Key of the Exiles title screen teaser. Unfortunately, it appears the difficulties of writing a content filled blog post are continuing, as it has been a few Thursdays. Perhaps tomorrow?

Cjs378 published PianoRoom recently. Its mostly a chat room, but one in which you can show off your musical talent. Use the keyboard to trigger the piano keys, and before you know it you'll have a symphony. I once played the piano when I was eight...

BYOND Resources

• Don't let your games be mute! Eric Matyas released a few new tracks on his royalty free music site, Soundimage.org
  • Colesprite published TargetLib to help developers hit the mark with autotargetting. Be sure to use the zip link for the moment.
  • Let players examine their nearby environment with Kaiochao's Map Zoom library.
All the projects going on. :)
I plan to host Age of Magic next friday, just finishing up the AI atm and last few quests
Did i just make it on here, thats amazing
It's always nice to see new titles in these. (:
my games theoretically up for all time. As now I deem it playable I'm going to keep on adding on to it.

Of course it seems like byond has a glitch it says I have zero players online even though my player base is 1 million strong.
Seeing something I'm working show up here makes me feel really good for some reason.

I hope it doesn't bother people when I reveal the small surprise in the next update...
At least the fourth, maybe sixth time if you count some quick testing forays over the last few years. I like this version quite a bit better, and I think I'm a little better at this than I was then, so adding features and such hasn't been such a nightmare. Here's hoping I can stay motivated ;)
welp, I started doing my best to remake IALO using the Majin & Mystics source...

http://www.byond.com/games/Ss4gogeta0/IANLO

It wont be a 1:1 exact copy, but I am doing my best.

just got done mapping out Goldenshell City (Mostly from memory and used a screenshot I found online as a bit of guidance)...

A tech demo is available to be played with. still has a few DBZ elements when you create a character but they will be removed eventually...
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
welp, I started doing my best to remake IALO using the Majin & Mystics source...

A life simulator using a dragon ball z games code? I haven't heard of that.

So what's the game play like?
In response to Mr. RJT
Mr. RJT wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

A life simulator using a dragon ball z games code? I haven't heard of that.
its been done before...

http://www.byond.com/games/Kyuukei/ItsALivingOnline

this is just a remake of it.

http://www.geocities.ws/ou812co2000/

So what's the game play like?

well It will just be an RP game. You will be able to buy a house and furniture, buy a car, earn money, fight monsters, kill other players and steal their money, etc... Everything you could do on the original IALO you will be able to do on here. basically if you have played the browser game "Nexus War" that is what this is like
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
my games theoretically up for all time. As now I deem it playable I'm going to keep on adding on to it.

Of course it seems like byond has a glitch it says I have zero players online even though my player base is 1 million strong.

You're game probably would get more players if it was more attractive. Maybe start a donation for an artist?

I mean the silver thing in this image looks like a dildo: http://www.byond.com/games/hubpic/107967_17664.png

I will be trying your game this weekend by the way. Don't want to be negative towards it before I try. But aesthetics mean a lot these days.

Just a quick Critter-Jin test... needs alot of work done on the states and stuff...

also shows off the basic morality system... random chance you are born into a wealthy family (good karma) or have a job class that involves doing crimes for leveling/money (Evil Karma)
In response to Rickoshay
It was inspired by a silver dildo.

So again you got any problems? Hahahaha

No just kidding its got a lot of problems I need to fix and a lot of stuff I need to add before I consider it great. The art is just a minor problem. I did get an artist but he's just doing it casually. Slowly redoing my main character
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
It was inspired by a silver dildo.

So again you got any problems? Hahahaha

No just kidding its got a lot of problems I need to fix and a lot of stuff I need to add before I consider it great. The art is just a minor problem. I did get an artist but he's just doing it casually. Slowly redoing my main character

Silver Dildos are quite inspirational, my advice is have a consistent art style for your game, because I see like 8 different ones.
Maybe it'll make the next issue, but here's a link to my particle library if anyone's interested.

Hadron++ Particle Lib
In response to Colesprite
Yea there probably is 8 different ones, I'm just happy that when I draw a human it has 4 limbs. Anything more is beyond my skill. It's not that I don't try its that my brain just can't grasp art no matter how much I practice.
In response to Pixel Realms
Pixel Realms wrote:

This is just perfect, I'm loving this entire image :)
everything is looking good
Page: 1 2 3