ID:191774

I started learning Win32 API yesterday, and look what I've made so far:

http://www.nadrew.com/ncom/programs/ncomintro.zip
Thats pretty good for just learning it yesterday. I tried to do C++ once, that stuff is way over my head.
Good work nadrew, i would try c++ if i had microsoft c++
Nice :)

I really need to get back to C++ so I don't forget what I had already learned. I don't know much on the graphics end (nothing actually) so I am currently stuck with the MS-DOS window :(

Just make sure your html editor isn't like Geobuilder *shivers*
In response to English
English wrote:
Nice :)

I really need to get back to C++ so I don't forget what I had already learned. I don't know much on the graphics end (nothing actually) so I am currently stuck with the MS-DOS window :(

Yeah, I'm the same way -- I know pretty much everything about C++'s syntax and design theories, but I have no idea how to work graphically.

In other words, I could make one hellishly cool text-based simulation, but it wouldn't be too user-friendly. =)

I'm going to have to buy a book on Direct3D and work with that, and those kinds of books are freakishly expensive. Plus there's no such thing as a comprehensive, *good* book -- even the Blue Book is difficult to understand in some areas (for example, I doubt anyone who was just starting with BYOND would understand the logical order of operations).

Just make sure your html editor isn't like Geobuilder *shivers*

Ugh. My eyes have been soiled!
Nadrew wrote:

i noticed with your open gl application, you were using a do while combination for the window painting messages, are you using call back now? or did i overlook the code too fast and you are already using call back?
In response to Mrhat99au
I have a pretty decent free-ware compiler. It's called DEV-C++. It's no MS Visual C++ but it's good if your dirt poor like me :D I don't know why I have it either o.0
In response to BurningIce
lol C++....easiest.language ever
In response to UnknownOrb
Nah VB is way easier. (Or so I've heard)
he is speaking in terms of language, or in other words, syntax...

and in that case, visual basic is a much easier syntax than C++

as far as creating applications goes, visual basic is the simplest considering its power

visual basic .net is much faster and more up to date, and is equally as good as msvc++ or c#
In response to UnknownOrb
UnknownOrb wrote:
lol C++....easiest.language ever

Wrong answer!

Qbasic all the way! :)
Nadrew wrote:

I'm not quite sure if I am to applaud or shrug my shoulders casually. I don't know next-to any C++, as I'm still learning C before I tackle C++.

Would it be too much to ask if I could see the source code of this program? I'm fascinated by the Windows-based portion of C++, and I'd like to see how what you've done was made.

Regardless, keep up the good work! :)
In response to Malver
Nah. BBC BASIC is the one for me. (That's the one that you used to program o that C64 you have in your loft gathering dust.)
In response to Hazman
Hey, I'm the only one allowed to reply to month old posts by myself, I just brought this back because it was the same subject over again, lol.
In response to Nadrew
Looks nice, Foo :P
Sorry man, it crashed on my sytem...

Specs:
WinXP 1.3ghz Clrno
nVidia GForce4
SB Audigy
128mb Ram

Not sure if that helps or not.. If your using DirectX, are you selecting the primary display driver as the default driver?
meh don't get me started on VB.. It doesn't compile true EXEs, it's just a wrapper with a bunch of OCX (activeX) controlls... if the target computer doesn't have the right ones or versions, your SOL :D
In response to Dreq
It's not the C++ program anymore, you need the VB6 runtimes to run it. You can pick those up at Microsoft.
In response to Nadrew
heh I thought it was C++ :p Besides, I have VB6 on my comp (although I don't use it), so it should have worked... hrm
Page: 1 2