ID:191938

I have noticed recently that since i have joined Byond seems to be getting worse and worse as i went into it yesterday and nearly every game was of the same type. DragonBall Z games. Now I like the manga series but the games on Byond ar nearly all the same and offer usally no fun. Through this mass creation of games that are the same Byond has lost many of it's great games that would bring many people together into one game (eg. Kapture and Eternal World), and in this I belive that people have forgotten what Byond means and why most people joined in the first place. Build Your Own Net Dream! But to me it seems that people have lost their dreams and are just copying other peoples. So i guess I have writ this post to try to get programmers to think up new inventive and original games before everyone loses out on Byond.
Thankyou all for your time in reading this post.
We have heard this over and over, what you said is nothing new. BYOND is not going to die anytime soon unless Dan and Tom decide not to pay for the server anymore, then rip the social community apart, I believe this will also stop people from being able to log in. I am also totally sure that those games you find great were not taken down just because DBZ games are flooding the hub... it was most likely the coders didn't feel it was appropriate to continue work on them. So further more, this post was nothing but a meaningless waste of space that will probably ignite a "flame war".

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
this was my whole argument from day 1 when i complained about the dbz games, like unnaceptable words used in different lingo, the more often its used the more people grow accustomed to it. I may appear like a jackass but realize that what im doing is counter-brainwashing. of course its peoples natural reaction to become angry in such situations.

People have grown too acceptant of some things and completely prejudice to others. the key is balance. which is what i focus on.

It is these reasons why black men saying the N word should be voiced against. why anyone saying anything jokingly related to sexual preference to be heckled. and why slander of religion should be abolished.

Surely these things wont harm us, or appear not to harm us right now, but the way i think involves space and time so i can generally predetermine the outcome of situations when gathering enough data on a specific subject.

As for the N word being used frequently.. Black people will get too accustomed to themselves saying it, but will be very racist in believing white people cant.

But in total people have free will.

So all i will do is ask that people dont make cracks about religions, sexual preference, or cultural differences around me.

Thank you
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi:

I am also totally sure that those games you find great were not taken down just because DBZ games are flooding the hub... it was most likely the coders didn't feel it was appropriate to continue work on them. So further more, this post was nothing but a meaningless waste of space that will probably ignite a "flame war".

My reply :

People get tired of byond, such as those coders because they dont see byond as a serious program anymore. Byond IS a serious prgram, as serious as people make it. Right now people are copies of games because they cant code worth crap. I say they just study the language THEN code instead of using a client that has been over-used.

OR

completely revamp it.

Then it would remain BYOND instead of BSEND (Build someone elses net dream)

And Kusanagi... everything to you is flame bait. I would prefer if you chose to use your entire vocabulary in a post instead of a few preset words.
In response to Dareb
Let me just start out by asking how the halibut fish this thread went from DBZ games to you knowing the outcome of future events... IN ONE POST?!?!?!?

Dareb wrote:
It is these reasons why black men saying the N word should be voiced against.

There was a whole episode on Boston Public about this subject... but I'm not gonna bring those reasons up.

why anyone saying anything jokingly related to sexual preference to be heckled.

Jokes are not meant seriously. Jerry Seinfeld's episode about gays ("Not that there's anything wrong with that") was pure gold, and most gays and lesbians out there probably wouldn't take offense to what they're saying. How is that wrong?

Surely these things wont harm us, or appear not to harm us right now, but the way i think involves space and time so i can generally predetermine the outcome of situations when gathering enough data on a specific subject.

WHAT?!

So all i will do is ask that people dont make cracks about religions, sexual preference, or cultural differences around me.

Again, I ask, "HOW ON EARTH DID THIS COME ABOUT DEFENDING YOURSELF!?!?!"

D-...DAHGUH!

<v>
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
instead of a few preset words.

Ooh. I heard about MacroPoster. Great Hairless Furby, it excited me when I heard about it!

Imagine it... just a click of a button and all your preset words are right there, ready for the posting!

Barf, that would be sweet. No more wasting precious finger movement energy for me!

<v>

(anyway, enough jokes. I'm done here)
In response to Vortezz
When people make jokes they are funny, kidding around is insultive jokes which i dont tolerate, they are worse than swears to me. and practical jokes are just retarded, people close to me know not to do them, and that april fools is a day of hibernation for me.

Im not defending myself when i asked people to hold their tongues on those subjects near me. I protecting everyone from the speel that will flow from my lips (*say command) or post as a result
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
I may appear like a jackass but realize that what im doing is counter-brainwashing. of course its peoples natural reaction to become angry in such situations.

As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Lummox JR
Kusanagi's right. There's no point to this thread and it's all been said before about a zillion times.

Since Tom saw fit to move this thread instead of delete it, I can only assume he saw some redeeming value in it, but what possible value it has (besides being pretty much right, but at this point that's not enough) I don't know.

Lummox JR
In response to Dareb
Dareb, for one thing I'v only started saying it today, because a few of these posts that have been posted are "flame bate" as you put it. Oh, and BYOND is a serious program, but you can ask anyone who has ever read your posts that you take it a bit to seriously. You know, I was gonna lighten up on you considering Ronn asked me so nicely when he came back last week, but your really getting on my nerves. Also, the only "meaningless" posts I have made truly are the ones that are just chit-chat messages, not anything that deals with a person's opinion on BYOND. If you need an explanation on why this is as you call it flame war bait is because it deals with complaining about DBZ, so by all means and assumptions(which I hate doing, but it comes natural) the start of this post comes on to me a flame war. By replying to my post above, you yourself seem to want one. I think that most of this community would agree that we are sick of you, maybe if you stopped trying to be right all the time and would stop starting fights we could respect you. Unfortunately, you have failed to see that you need to shape up so far.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:

WHAT?!

Vortezz, you have to understand here man, Dareb talks this way so he can sound smart. I'm sure Dareb will come up with something like, "But the molecular disection of the fith triangle which is made of cheese of a quarter dimension will solve the problem of why most people hate me!". He thinks, wait I'm not sure about what he thinks so lets skip this sentence. All I can truly tell you is that from what I'v been told is you need to lighten up around him, but its incredibly hard to do, I can't do it I admit, thats why I wrote the message from his reply to my post. Then again, I also can't stand Communist, <sarcasm>Dareb sure isn't the type to be a communist though!</sarcasm>

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
You are full of yourself. I have changed. im merely pointing out your flaws and th flaws of others. im no longer pushing it as fact. Im not right all the time but like you i believe im right. I wouldnt talk about something unless I was certain I was right. You expect me to stop thining I'm right? to always think im wrong?

Get over yourself. Look at yourself. I have changed maybe its time for you to change yourself.
In response to Kusanagi
I speak the way i think I try to clear it as best I can
In response to Dareb
I never said you were right all the time, most of what I said was that you were wrong and trying to prove your right. It's ok to believe your right sometimes, but you believe so strongly in it that you feel you have to argue all the time. Just because you have as you said "changed" does not mean I have to, I'm only rude to the people I have bad encounters with, your one of the many. So stop trying to speak your words of "wisdom". I also never said to stop thinking you were right, just you assumed I did, I hope I don't have to break down the meaning of assumption for you, its a word I so dearly hate, and I dearly hate doing. As I have pointed it out before, it is one of my flaws to assume. I also choose to accept it, so I let it show whenever it needs to.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
You are full of yourself. I have changed. im merely pointing out your flaws and th flaws of others.

How is that change, exactly? Unless you happen to be doing so successfully?

im no longer pushing it as fact. Im not right all the time but like you i believe im right. I wouldnt talk about something unless I was certain I was right. You expect me to stop thining I'm right? to always think im wrong?

Well, based on past experience it would at least be a good rule of thumb. A starting point, perhaps, for deeper thinking. You could always play devil's advocate against yourself and challenge what you think: "How could I be wrong on this? What are some of the ways I could try to prove I'm wrong on that?"

Get over yourself. Look at yourself. I have changed maybe its time for you to change yourself.

I seriously doubt a week is enough time for most people to change their personality or style enough to be able to say "I have changed." This is a little too early in the game to be claiming you've turned over a new leaf.

Lummox JR
In response to Dareb
Moderator changed my post to look more like a flame, i have corrected this and recorded the time frame.

So I salute you moderator. nice try.

illigal Moderator activity performed between

8/1/02 12:45 pm
8/1/02 12:49 pm

In response to Dareb
Just give it up.... I never thought you would sink this low as to lie and make it seem like a moderator made you look bad, your really pathetic Dareb.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Lummox JR
One can still muffle their replies to not be so rash..

Not so insultive.. and yet despite this people continue to do the same to me, trying to get a rise out of me.

I do not like this, im trying my hardest and they are just pushing me , its like they dont want me to change, like they need my arguments.

Now honestly how should i deal with these individuals?
In response to Kusanagi
I never lie, i have no reason to lie and have had no reason to lie where the truth would make things much more simple.

Yes, at times i speak truth (personal truths) so vigorously as to be downright violent against others but honestly im trying to muffle it, your constant heckling isnt helping one bit.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
Moderator changed my post to look more like a flame, i have corrected this and recorded the time frame.

So I salute you moderator. nice try.

illigal Moderator activity performed between

8/1/02 12:45 pm
8/1/02 12:49 pm

The log of recent moderator activity shows absolutely nothing since before noon BST. Any moderator can check and verify this for themselves, including Dantom, and except possibly for Dantom, no one can fake the entry, remove it, or prevent it from being made. As of this post, the last moderator action was RaeKwon's thread being moved from General to Babble at 11:55 AM BST, and no moderator actions have so much as touched any of your posts in over 24 hours.

Nice try indeed, Dareb. If you want to remove some flames from your post and replace it with something less harsh, that's commendable, but there's no need to lie about it.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2 3