ID:192173

Today I was awakened from my 4 hour sleep to a package thrown at me, I was in deep pain because it hit me in the nose; the pain disappeared when I read the return address "Dantom" I knew my Blue Book had arrived, I quickly opened the package; 5 minutes, and 6 paper-cuts later I was holding my very own Blue Book in my hands, I was in a mixture of glee, and wanting to tell my mom where my foot should go, for nearly breaking my nose. Anyways I need to get back to sleep before work, I'm so filled with joy..this book seems to glow, it might be the radioactive bars it was carried with, or the fact I've only had 4 hours of sleep, but I'm happy with it, the 15 pages I've read were both educational, or made me laugh so hard I couldn't see straight (which is hard to do right now anyways)..
I don't get it...the blue book was good and all, but I found most of it to be...well... redundant since I thought it would have been better to get it when I was a newbie... oh well
In response to Sariat
The footnotes, man, the footnotes, there are things in that book I've never seen before (they probably don't work anymore, but it's nice to know for when I make my time mac- nevermind..) anyways, I got it for: something to read, quick DM reference when I can't get to the computer, and a tool for smacking lurking parents.
In response to Sariat
If it's practically useless to you, send it to me, the guy who has tons of game ideas but is limited to saying "Too bad I don't know DM."
In response to Nadrew
I still keep thinking to myself, "I should read the Blue Book."

I know how to code in DM just fine, but I still don't feel I have a very good grasp sometimes of how data is stored, and I'm always messing up lists and things. I feel maybe the book could help. But I don't read it, adding to my perpetual state of guilt and shame over the condition of my life.

Z
Yeah, I felt about the same when I recieved my Blue Book. It was perfect timming too, becuase shortly after recieveing it, I was offline and soon after without a computer. Now I design my games on paper and refer to the Book to make sure what I want to do is actually possible. If it wasn't for the Book, I probably would have forgotten most everything I learned.

Thanx again Dan and Tom! BTW, are there any plans for a sequel?

~X
In response to Xooxer
Thanx again Dan and Tom! BTW, are there any plans for a sequel?

There's no sequel just yet (let them sell the current lot first! =P), although Dan did release an errata/addendum article on BYONDscape some time ago (you might've already seen it).

It's subscription content, but if you got the Book recently, it comes with a six-month subscription -- which is why Dan undoubtedly put it up on BYONDscape. ;-)

http://www.byondscape.com/scape.dmb/content/000026/ index.html