The Dying Breed

by Mr. RJT
The Dying Breed
Open world multiplayer zombie survival
ID:1921841

I am looking into remaking this game after I finish my current project.

First, I'd like to know the reason as to why many may not play the game or quit after a few minutes. I've received one response in regards to this: the game has too much loot and is repetitive. I also think that there is no incentive in playing. You kill zombies and that's it.

I am looking into creating a persistent world where players can craft items, build houses and/or stores, and have attributes/skills that can be improved on. Wilderness survival would be another key. I'd like to see less zombies and more survival and player interaction.

I'd probably create many 100x100 maps that can be loaded and unloaded when needed. Which brought the idea of making a multiplayer roguelike version of Polis.

Either way, I'd like to hear your feedback.
watch this game, maybe you can learn something,
What people love.....
http://www.deadfrontier.com/

zombies and characters, are made with a style too minimalist
style similar to this game....
http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/

hmmm
nothing new or artistic.....
do You want the players?
then do what the players want ....

Take example from this game also (a game of crap, but it's ok)
http://www.byond.com/games/DarkerEmerald/TLC
you do not do a bad imitation, be creative and original...
I am a lover of "silent hill" game, a creepy atmosphere (wonderful)!!!!the truth is that people are bored by zombies .... (too are used in every single horror)
players want scary monsters to kill,terrifying monsters impossible to kill(run or die),giant monsters (from a distance you can hear their footsteps,as jurassic park...Do you remember the scene in the car? :D)etc...
creativity is everything!!!george romero is not god!
fuck zombie!
Thanks for the post. I was definitely going to toss the current graphics. Dead frontier somewhat looks like what I would have wanted but done better. Zombies are over done. I noticed that I no longer play zombie games and the walking dead isn't as special.

After second thought, I'm going to concentrate fully on my next game. Thank you!
Or you can make an action rpg with split screen multiplayer.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Or you can make an action rpg with split screen multiplayer.

Why split screen multiplayer?
In response to Mr. RJT
How many byond games do you see with it?
Ghost of ET wrote:
How many byond games do you see with it?

There is a reason for it though; doing something because no one else does it won't be a great idea in this case. Also, how many computer games are split screen?

I'm already work on action RPG though. :)
In response to Mr. RJT
No one does it because no one has thought of it. besides split screen doesn't have to be a main feature of the game it can be an added bonus that many friends and their siblings or friends can enjoy.
Ghost of ET wrote:
No one does it because no one has thought of it. besides split screen doesn't have to be a main feature of the game it can be an added bonus that many friends and their siblings or friends can enjoy.

Split screen has been around for ages. I enjoyed playing games, with my brothers, that included this features in the 90s.

With that said, you'll notice that games are moving away from split screens and more towards online. In addition, you generally see split screen games for the consoles. With a computer, the screen tends to be smaller than a tvs. So the view will now be impaired. Then if you rely on using a mouse, the controls are screwed up. There are ways to go around it such as using an HDMI cable and use atv screen. You can also design a game to use a controller...

I realize that there is a minority that may refuse to play games with no split screen. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in catering to that minority. I'm looking to become a better game designer/developer. Not interested in adding features that are there for the very few or for the sake of being different.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
In response to Mr. RJT
Your loss :c
Ghost of ET wrote:
Your loss :c

That's alright. I don't think see many people buying computer games or joining BYOND in search of playing a cramped split screen game. I'll take the loss of a customer or two and use that extra energy to make a better game.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion.