ID:192261

I'm currently in the process of installing BYOND on my server but I need a shell program to do so, and the on that comes with my hosting well sucks, anyone know where I can find a good one (mainly one that includes the unzip function)?
I know this won't help you much, but host providers tend to shy away from anything that gives too much access to their subscriber base.

I would really suggest considering finding an old 200-400MHz machine (less than $100) and set up your own hosting server - you'll be glad you did!
In response to digitalmouse
I have full shell access my host and I are best friends. As for your other suggestion there are no DSL hosts anywhere near where I live.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
As for your other suggestion there are no DSL hosts
anywhere near where I live.

Ok - I'm confused - how did I suggest that in my last post?
You expect me to host my own stuff on dial-up?!
In response to Nadrew
Sure - why not? I'm setting up the digitalBYOND server to do just that...
I'm really looking for speed, I can host websites with PHP, Perl, etc.. on my current Windows machine if I want, but it's too slow on the connection end, which is why I asked for a good shell manager for my current host.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
...I can host websites with PHP, Perl, etc.. on my
current Windows machine if I want, but it's too slow on
the connection end, which is why I asked for a good shell
manager for my current host...

That's why I suggested getting an old computer to throw Linux on and use that for your own game hosting... doing it with dialup is not a big problem...
I might do that for simple hosting, but I have a 15 gig web account which I really like, and I just need a better shell thingy than they offer to install BYOND so I can use BYOND CGI.