ID:1923463

Been PCless for about 13 weeks now, struggled to replace to it.
Sadly my laptop broke apart during the development of my project which put it on hold.
Not many support my game and then many other do.
For those that do, good news.

Ran into a big check earlier this weekend and Im waiting for it to clear, which means things will get back to normal real soon.
Now what i need from you byonders is some type of pointers to trusted site, free shipping(hopefully) that sells decent priced laptops(excluding bestbuy & ebay)
Anyone know any good sites for electronics and pc/laptop deals?
Google
TigerDirect, Newegg, and Amazon are generally good bets.
Why would you exclude bestbuy? They consistently run weekly deals on their laptops. Not only that, but college sessions start in these next few weeks so they are running huge sales for college students. You definitely should look into bestbuy.

But yea. There is Amazon if that doesn't work.
BestBuy also frequently misrepresents their products and posts intentionally misleading information about their specs.
BestBuy is also frequently expensive.
Bestbuy also shits on you with tax.
...To be fair, you are supposed to pay a sales tax for online purchases in not just the state that you bought it from, but also the state you bought it in... If you buy it off Amazon and don't quote it on your taxes, you are actually committing tax fraud.

Because, you know, there's no such thing as tax-free commerce when state and federal government is concerned.
And then, you realize "hey.. why do we live."
To function as wage-slaves and mindless wallets on legs for our owners.

If taxes are depressing, just wait until you find out about death. Spoiler: It's permanent.
Don't get a laptop get a desktop. More power probably cheaper more than likely wont need someone to host your game.
What's your budget? I can give you a parts list to build a powerful desktop for your buck.
If he wants a laptop, he's insane or needs it so he can carry it around with him (which is the only reason to own a laptop).

If all he wants is a PC and it doesn't specifically need to be a laptop, http://www.logicalincrements.com/ this is all the info he'll ever need.
I put together a pretty barebones build for Right under $700 after rebates on Newegg right now.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/ PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=33491747

I'd recommend swapping out the R7 260X GPU for an Nvidia GTX960, but if you can find one for $160, you'd better buy it. They don't sell below $200.

Right now The AMD FX-6300 is a great cheap option, but if you have the extra cash, spring for the FX-8 series.

Always get 2 strips of memory. You could cheapen the deal by going with one, but you'll run a lot faster with two strips of memory in dual-channel.

Also, there's no physical media drives like DVD/CD players. They are outdated. Get a thumbdrive and everyone's happy. You'll have to mount your OS installation disc to a thumbdrive and set your BIOS to boot from that.

You'll also want to plunk down $7 on a tube of arctic silver, and possibly get some aftermarket cooling (Hypercool D92 is great), but it shouldn't be necessary unless you want to overclock.

Also, this motherboard isn't fantastic, but it's a great bang for your buck.

Power supply is probably overkill unless you plan to plunk a second GPU in there.

But all that for <$700 after rebates is a fair build. There's definitely ways to improve the build, but it's got everything you really need minus a headset.

This build will overpower any laptop you can buy for less than $1,500.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
To function as wage-slaves

Teamwork + slavery ftw
I'd get a desktop, but i want mine to be Mac. Laptop Pc.

Idk i Just had alot of fucked up moments with my desktop & you cant take a dump and write posts like this on a desktop so hey.

Hashtag: LaptopsMatter
In response to HaxRp
You will have massive issues with byond if you get a mac.
Exactly, the Mac's for personal use. Laptop's for byond.
In response to HaxRp
I always assumed once you join byond you never leave and it becomes your 24/7.
You assumed right, byond consensually becomes your everyday thing, like it or not.
Page: 1 2