ID:192548

Oh this is not good. I come home today with one day to go on school, and boot my computer up as I usually do. About 2 hours later, the monitor flickers and I smell smoke, so I turn the monitor off and wait 5 minutes. Turning it back on, I see that the center is a bit blurry. Uh oh.

So that brings me to right now, where my large monitor has kicked the bucket, and needs to be replaced. Right now I have a monitor connected which only supports 16 colors and 640x480 resolution, and is about 9 inches diagonally. I hate it. Currently I'm waiting for the business who sold the monitor to my family to call back.

-Mertek
<font face="courier" size="1">now you can play DOS games in all their glory! :)</font>
In response to digitalmouse
Heh, any idea where I could get something to amuse my self with in the mean time? None of my games will run in this state, so I'm out of luck. I remember some rogue-like game named ADOM, but I don't think that'll even run.
In response to Mertek
Do a searh for 'abandonware' and you should come up with a few good dos games which look good at 640x480.

www.gamehippo.com is a good place too - some decent games for many resolutions if you look hard enough...