ID:1930222

well i am not an good coder x.x i just gather codes and merge them so i have this NNG rip i just want to update while doing it i am teaching myself how to code so when i am finish updating this NNG i will be able to make orignal games so am trying to in proof in all the skills (programming,Iconning,GFX and mapping) so time to time i have problem with things so know who could teach me how to map good because i know the basics xD and its not working here

http://i.imgur.com/GrBgKzS.png.png
Why is your UI stuff on the map?
UI?
You serious?

User Interface.
its the menu part where you before you create you character let me send an better picture
In response to Darkchrispee
Darkchrispee wrote:
its the menu part where you before you create you character let me send an better picture

You got this one, Ter. lol.
when i try to map it

when berlin maps it
Lordie, that's a big map.
X:600 Y:600 Z:3 xD

No, I know what it is. My question is why the user interface is on the map at all.
Since I am on my phone, anyone mind linking my programming a rip:how to thread?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

No, I know what it is. My question is why the user interface is on the map at all.

x.x i dont understand what you mean
Having your interface on the map, as turfs. Makes no sense design-wise and is prominent in these ripped sources, for no real reason, outside of it being the only thing people know how to do.
O.o am lost because these stuff are stuff that are a must then making an game
Oh. Well, if you absolutely have to have a UI in your game then, carry on...
Darkchrispee wrote:
O.o am lost because these stuff are stuff that are a must then making an game

What you're trying to make is something that should be a part of client.screen, not on the map itself.

Look into how HUD's work in BYOND, there's TONS of posts in reference to it. For the sake of your future in creating games in BYOND, NEVER put menus on the map.

What you're doing is essentially like playing Halo, but in order to change the color of your armor, you need to walk over to a color change station and then set your color there. That's bad design, what you should have is that players have a menu that comes down over their screen where they select everything from there.
oh well i dont know how berlin made it but he made it like this an screen is there when you login and you can click anywhere on the screen when you click anywhere on the screen in the coding you will get spawn there where you pick to use which slot that is there showed in the picture and i dont really know how to do that thingy you are talking about Bravo1
http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/

Start with chapter one. Then move on to chapter two. Then on to chapter three. Keep going until you run out of chapters.
xD alright
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Having your interface on the map, as turfs. Makes no sense design-wise and is prominent in these ripped sources, for no real reason, outside of it being the only thing people know how to do.

I put UI stuff on a map all the time. Then I have a proc copy everything on the map and display it on the users screen.

Makes designing UIs a hell of a lot easier, but I doubt this guy is doing that.
Page: 1 2