ID:1935267

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hi, byond pager lag, when i look at feeed or chat with somone (only at that).
It lag on all computers i tiried, it"s not falut of hardware, but a suck wrrited software.
Best response
I moved this out of Bug Reports because there's no substance to the report nothing to investigate. But to shed some light on this, do you have a huge friends list?
In response to Lummox JR
Mine kind of lags sometimes too and I think it might be related to the open tabs. I do not have a ton of friends, I have about 18 (just enough to fill the box).

Possible memory leak?
Also, lummox, I was interested in you trying this program with Byond and see what the results were:
Large Address Aware
It can edit 32bit programs and hex them to 64bit Large Address Aware. It is mostly used for older games or simply games that are not 64bit and have memory usage problems.
:O i think something cleaned my feed.
Right now i got one person, and i don"t lag. Soo it only lag, when there is alot persons :O
hm, but after a day i get 400 feed, and it lag as hell.
Soo, it"s your software falut, maybe you could fix that serious problem?
I can't fix anything if I don't have any information to work with. All I know is that you're on Windows 8, and that doesn't tell me a whole lot by itself.
Cmon lummo we all know the BYOND pager is the most slow broken thing ever created, some people even tell me they don't use it because of how bad it is they just use the website itself.
Zasif, the simple fact is I can't investigate the issue without something tangible to investigate. Saying it's slow or laggy in the absence of any other substantive info doesn't give me anything to go on.
I know, but we also cant help because we have no ways of doing it other then telling you its lagging or its doing this and that, there is no logs or anything that we can show.
At the very least, a deluge of details can reveal patterns. What tabs are clicked, when and possibly at what times of day does lag seem worst, what's shown when the pager window first appears (any spinny icons, etc.), whether the Feed and Friends tabs appear and when, etc. Without logs all anyone can do is lob details around: as many as possible.

In your case, Zasif, I know we've discussed that you have ongoing issues with the pager being slow for conversations with a lot of lines--and that this comes up especially because of your style of sending two or three words to a line. Also I imagine you have a lot of pager friends and that might be a part of this.

For Doniu, I think a language barrier is part of the problem here. I don't understand what "400 feed" means or how that relates to this. But more details from him wouldn't hurt.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't understand what "400 feed" means or how that relates to this.

As a guess, I'd say 400 alerts in his feed tab?
Doniu wrote:
...but a suck wrrited software.

Heh. Way to get the guy you want to solve your problem on your side ;)

:-}
Lummox JR you now, there is a secret weapon, that is named "brain"
Let"s see, if i got alot of alerts per day (in feed tab) = and it lag because it.
If you add a small fucking fillter, that let only show xx alerts in tab (10,20,50) = the problem would be fixed

+ Add fillter, that don"t show feeds older than one day.

PROBLEM fixed... how much work it take? (still byond pager is suck, and lag as hell, but it wuld atleast improve feed).
Way to go! No need to be all rude because you are having problems.
As I said, Doniu, I figured a language barrier was part of the issue, and I didn't understand what you meant by "400 feed"; yet it was the only real piece of info you gave me to work with. If you'd written something longer and thrown as many details at me as you possibly could, chances are the meaning would have been clearer from context.

I definitely can look into reducing the number of feed items to some kind of reasonable maximum; it seems unlikely for instance that anyone would need to deal with more than 50, but I can always start with 100 and see how it goes. And I believe I can fix this site-side so it won't require a software update.

But dude: Show a little courtesy. I didn't ask you for anything unreasonable; just a little clarification. I understand you're frustrated with the situation, and I would be too. But being abusive and not contributing is not a combo that inspires anyone to help.
Sorry for that, and yeah, it"s true a language was a barrier.
But you now, it started to lag, when new pager has come (20012-2013 year? Or maybe 2014)? And i was waiting the whole time (i was not able to use byond pager :(, i still can"t use it, because it lag).

I didin"t give you more information, that"s true, but idk what should i give you (i gived you my operating system, hardware don"t matter, because byond should run on all modern computers).
When in doubt, it's always best to include as many details as you can think of. The clearer a picture I can get of what's happening, the better.