ID:1936379

Hey guys, I'm YnorRon and in case you didn't know I am currently developing this game: Transcendence.

I know this site has some great artists so I'm just looking for some overall ideas of what I can add to this scenery.

I feel like the ground needs something... Right now it feels too empty to me I'm not exactly sure what it is, maybe some contrast or something dark but I honestly have no idea what. I've been at this for a couple days and I've tried so many things but nothing yet. Please help!!
Bushes are a very iffy option. Small rocks could possibly help, since I see quite a bit of little grass blades sprinkled through. Flowers, or larger plants could be pretty effective with the theme.

All those little yellow dots of 'light' sprinkled through out it make me think of fireflies, it would be very cool to see something like that moving around as if it were real live fireflies. That would certainly distract from the barren black space a lot.
In response to Toddab503
Yeah the yellow dots are actually fireflies and they are animated in-game.

I tried both options you gave, the problem with adding the bushes and the big flowers is that I think the scenery becomes too saturated. But I am willing to give that a shot again if nothing else comes up.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Hmm. Small animals perhaps, then? A bunny hopping around, a squirrel scurrying by, something like that. Other than that, sticks, tree stumps, etc I really don't know.
In response to Toddab503
Ahhh I like the animal idea! I was thinking of something for the ground itself but that's a great idea.
I have to say, I'm usually not a fan of such high saturation / high contrast graphics, but I really do like the look of your work. Keep at it :)
In response to Flick
Thank you Flick that really means a lot, made me smile :]
Perhaps just making those lantern things actually illuminate the surrounding grass/pathway might make it feel busier.
Bones / Bigger Rocks /Fungi / Luminescent(Odd Shape think Avatar movie) Plants that stand out, add a bit of overgrowth to them to make them pop out as well. And maybe have the occasional Big Daddy Firefly that is the size of your hand and looks alien-esq(Or just weird XD).

Then again I can't even come up with my own ideas half the time for areas I feel are empty and lacking so don't take mine too seriously lol.
have other npcs maybe ? just definitely needs more "life" around..just don't make it look too busy. I like the luminescence theme you got going on maybe have some creatures glow in the dark...like frogs and like add a pond.
@Unlockable- That actually sounds like a great idea, although I'm not really sure how I can do that?

@Aeon Games Inc- Idk what you're talking about all those ideas are great! Avatar is actually a big inspiration behind the art-style and you're the second person that mentions using bigger plants so I may just have to give it a shot. Btw if that's your game on your profile pic that looks amazing! We should work together some time :]

@Xyberman- Yeah I totally get what you mean, I'm thinking atm to just add some birds and maybe some big plants. But what I originally thought was that the ground needed something dark in it, something to help balance the scene out.
@Exentrik - Its some art I put together after a few days of being back on byond(Towards a certain game). Honestly if you saw how my art was 5-6 days ago when I first got back you'd think I had no idea what I was doing.

I think I need to make a image showing how it changed back to normal over the course of a week lol. But I don't wanna get laughed at xD

Also on a side note, I think a swirly plant that takes flight if you get to close(Or touch) would be neat it has to glow though. Or like those plants that you touch they disappear into the ground like on Avatar. :D
it looks like avatar film!
In response to Aeon Games Inc
Aeon Games Inc wrote:

Also on a side note, I think a swirly plant that takes flight if you get to close(Or touch) would be neat it has to glow though. Or like those plants that you touch they disappear into the ground like on Avatar. :D

Dude, this is genius! I don't know why I didn't think of this. Thanks a bunch.

@Denshichiro- Thank you that's a huge compliment to me :]