In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
AERProductions wrote:
I wouldn't mind doing a Shogi game. It is like chess except more expansive and allows more options. I think it would be a fun addition to Byond and I would love to play/make it myself but unfortunately I have never been able to figure out how to program round-based play (let alone games like checkers or chess).

Shogi? Sounds interesting, let me look it up on Wikiped-

WTF

That actually made me laugh...
In response to Ghost of ET
What I like about it is it is basically like a more complicated chess with checkers upgrading of all pieces. The names are obviously mythological or wild in nature, so a flying cock would be a flying crane, croon, rooster or swan (or the like).

It really is a fun game (if you like strategic planning and tactics). I actually looked the info up on a different website.

http://www.shogi.net/rjhare/
http://www.playok.com/en/shogi/

I want to learn the game (I am well enough at chess that Shogi seems like the next step, since it is more complicated and offers more moves) so making it into a Byond game would be a double benefit!

Shogi.net said:
"Shogi is one of the forms of chess which is generally thought to have developed from the game Shaturanga or Shatranj. It is the Japanese form of the game which is known in the West as 'Chess' - more correctly, 'International Chess'. Shogi is the Japanese form of the game. There are others, for example Chinese Chess (Xiang-chi).

Shogi is similar to International Chess in that it is played between two players ('black' and 'white'), and that the object is to checkmate the opponents king. Shogi is also very different from International Chess (hereafter called simply Chess). Here are a few of the differences:

There are several forms of Shogi, played on anything from a 7x7 board to a 25x25 board. The most common form is the 9x9 version - Shogi.
Captured pieces may be re-entered by the capturing player.
Most pieces may be promoted under certain circumstances.

The bulk of what follows describes the usual 9x9 form of shogi... "
In response to AERProductions
Made me laugh even harder QQ. Me laughing irl is unnatural stahp it!!
Page: 1 2